The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on December 10, 2008, 03:13:44 am

Title: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: AugustWest on December 10, 2008, 03:13:44 am
I assume the antler is for Mr. Bear's side of the bed and the dove's nest for the lady, but who knows with Vlad.  Who knows.

Dap. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12092008)
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/8/08
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 10, 2008, 03:21:16 am
Are we sure this is Vlad, and not Lie Bot in disguise?
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: CortJstr on December 10, 2008, 03:41:54 am
I can only take so much Vlad lately. Maybe if he busts out another "worst song played on ugliest guitar" catchphrase I'll change my tune.
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 10, 2008, 03:55:02 am
He's basically just Foreign Man and Tony Clifton smooshed together into one character.

And a *****.
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: jaydub on December 10, 2008, 05:13:09 am
I have recently acquired a Russian as a coworker.  This has enhanced my interior Vlad voice considerably.
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: pmcd9 on December 10, 2008, 07:54:37 am
This one kinda fell flat.
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: Toaster on December 10, 2008, 03:48:48 pm
I thought this was great. The Hammurabi reference was golden.
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on December 10, 2008, 04:29:43 pm
Golumpki appears to be an English-phonetic spelling of gołąbki, which are Polish cabbage rolls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabbage_roll).
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: Death Ray on December 11, 2008, 10:07:33 pm
"Dap"? "Nine ball hundo on the rail"? Usually I am "down" with Mr. Onstad's "street cred", but today I am just befuddled. I had to search Wikipedia for forty minutes just  to find out if Ray and Vlad were terror fist-bumping in the second-to-last panel, or if it was some other form of urban communication (Wikipedia finally listed the maneuver as a "freestyle jazz penny", but I think I may have inaccurately entered my search terms.)

Anyway, translations please?
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: colmore on December 11, 2008, 11:22:39 pm
My brain was trying very hard to make "nine ball hundo on the rail" into a cocaine phrase.  Thank you.
Title: Re: Howaaaayver -- 12/9/08
Post by: CortJstr on December 11, 2008, 11:42:46 pm
My brain was trying very hard to make "nine ball hundo on the rail" into a cocaine phrase.  Thank you.

I wouldn't have understood had it not been for the blog series about Cornelius just destroying Ray at pool, but Ray continuing to bet large sums on the games.