The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: starlight on November 14, 2003, 11:51:06 am

Title: ..! (11-14-03)
Post by: starlight on November 14, 2003, 11:51:06 am
Oh My!  
What in the hell :O

Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11142003).
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: slink on November 14, 2003, 12:08:41 pm
Well, I guess he's out to say that Philippe is a stronger character than we all suspected!
Maybe the hardships of his life taught him to get out while he can. Though he'll miss the ice cream now.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: andalucia on November 14, 2003, 12:37:01 pm
Remarkable, considering his little otter feet could never reach the pedals, and he has no arms... perhaps that's why he looks so anxious.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: CortJstr on November 14, 2003, 01:49:21 pm
How did he start the car? With his teeth?
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: palm trees on November 14, 2003, 03:07:21 pm
technicalities schmecnicalities.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: V-Adore on November 14, 2003, 04:06:51 pm
I'm disappointed that we'll never actually see what happened in the Ice Cream Shop. For all we know, Philippe and Nice Pete already had their yummy sundaes while we just weren't watching. Sigh.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: jough on November 14, 2003, 04:22:14 pm
V-Adore, Philippe wouldn't slam the door open and hop in Nice Pete's driver's seat if they just had a nice ice cream.  

I'm hoping the gang shows up to save the day, with Wilfred Brimley Cat standing in the doorway holding an ice cream cone and wondering "WTF just happened?"
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: slink on November 14, 2003, 05:15:14 pm
Quote from: "jough"
V-Adore, Philippe wouldn't slam the door open and hop in Nice Pete's driver's seat if they just had a nice ice cream.  


Maybe it was pistachio?

(not saying I don't like it, but I'd have though Philippe wouldn't).
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: AugustWest on November 14, 2003, 05:28:06 pm
Maybe it was otter flavored ice-cream.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: jay-ell on November 14, 2003, 05:58:04 pm
Obviously, Phillipe just remembered that otters are lactose-intolerant.  I mean, duh.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on November 14, 2003, 07:15:07 pm
There was no ice cream and Nice Pete got






upset.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: slink on November 14, 2003, 07:30:04 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Obviously, Phillipe just remembered that otters are lactose-intolerant.  I mean, duh.


Yeah, but Millhouse is too, but he drank milk in two episodes (OK one one of them was rat milk...).
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: Paisley on November 14, 2003, 07:34:59 pm
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
There was no ice cream and Nice Pete got upset.


Asked the ice cream man whether he could put his legs behind his head? Told he was no longer welcomed at the Super Secret Ice Cream Shop of the Damned?
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: AugustWest on November 14, 2003, 08:03:27 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Obviously, Phillipe just remembered that otters are lactose-intolerant.  I mean, duh.


Yeah, but Millhouse is too, but he drank milk in two episodes (OK one one of them was rat milk...).



mmmmm..... Malk.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: Steve Hogan on November 14, 2003, 09:19:11 pm
:?     :?     :?

Wha happened?
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: V-Adore on November 15, 2003, 12:11:24 am
Quote from: "jough"
V-Adore, Philippe wouldn't slam the door open and hop in Nice Pete's driver's seat if they just had a nice ice cream.  

I'm hoping the gang shows up to save the day, with Wilfred Brimley Cat standing in the doorway holding an ice cream cone and wondering "WTF just happened?"

Fair enough -- although I could see Philippe being upset if, say, all the ice cream had been milk-product-flavored to hammer in his lactose intolerance.

But, well, I honestly suspect that, given that mood, Wilford Brimley Cat has already exited the world.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: wombat on November 15, 2003, 12:49:59 am
Oh NO.  I just realized it is Friday again and we won't know what happened till Monday (if ever).   Moan.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 15, 2003, 04:12:31 am
I can't get the pawnshop scene from Pulp Fiction out of my head. Phillippe probably left a bunch of bodies in there.  He should take off on Zed's Chopper.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: andalucia on November 16, 2003, 07:52:35 pm
Tarantinoified Phillippe, and Achewood in general, is really a strangely compelling concept.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: AugustWest on November 16, 2003, 10:21:01 pm
Don't give Onstad any ideas or this story arc will end up with everybody pointing guns at everybody else.  Lyle will be wearing a t-shirt with BMF printed on it.  Beef's ear will get sliced off.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: CortJstr on November 16, 2003, 11:56:58 pm
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Don't give Onstad any ideas or this story arc will end up with everybody pointing guns at everybody else.  Lyle will be wearing a t-shirt with BMF printed on it.  Beef's ear will get sliced off.


Just one more step on the road to MechaBeef!
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: doomglobe on November 17, 2003, 03:06:30 am
Quote from: "slink"
Well, I guess he's out to say that Philippe is a stronger character than we all suspected!
Maybe the hardships of his life taught him to get out while he can. Though he'll miss the ice cream now.


yeah he is trying to say that phillipe is oh wait hes not you are wrong.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: doomglobe on November 17, 2003, 03:12:26 am
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jldunston"
Obviously, Phillipe just remembered that otters are lactose-intolerant.  I mean, duh.


Yeah, but Millhouse is too, but he drank milk in two episodes (OK one one of them was rat milk...).



mmmmm..... Malk.


You should just be glad its not WARF RAT MILK
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: andalucia on November 17, 2003, 03:18:33 am
Quote from: "doomglobe"
You should just be glad its not WARF RAT MILK


Or Worf (http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~werdna/sttng/worf.html) rat milk, I suppose.


Apologies.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 17, 2003, 08:22:23 am
What are the odds a new story line starts Monday?
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: starlight on November 17, 2003, 11:05:03 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
What are the odds a new story line starts Monday?


Pretty slim since I already posted the new topic for monday's strip and yep, still philippe in the van :)

Now Tuesday... who knows....
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 17, 2003, 03:15:32 pm
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
What are the odds a new story line starts Monday?


I dunno.  You still have Ray, Beef, etc. all driving around looking for the van; I think something has to come of that.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: jough on November 17, 2003, 04:00:54 pm
He could certainly stretch this storyline for a full week.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: andalucia on November 17, 2003, 09:06:28 pm
I hope that thing with the star glasses goes away.

I hate it.
Title: ..! 11/14
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 18, 2003, 12:07:11 am
I love Arthur! What a perfect foil for Pat! One day we will all realize that Pat and Arthur were meant for each other, and Pat will smile contentedly.

It will be beautiful.