The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: theinevitable on December 16, 2008, 06:59:58 am

Title: Christmas on Mars?
Post by: theinevitable on December 16, 2008, 06:59:58 am
I liked the style, but found the whole... offputting.

I found the amount of cussing really distracting, for instance. I also couldn't figure out what the point of all the pu$$yl imagery was, other than that you can have a lot of pu$$y-like orifices in a movie and feel clever?

Has anyone else seen it?

Things I did like:
really exaggerated reaction shots
repetition of the phrase "we weren't meant to live in space."
Title: Re: Christmas on Mars?
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 16, 2008, 07:13:44 am
Own, ain't watched yet. Things have gotten weird around here.

Moving in with the brother's ladyfriend as she has a house and needs roommates and we need to pay less rent.

Moving is a complex process where everything gets lost, especially the few movies you want to see so much that you paid new-price for it.

But swearing and being off-putting and ladyparts all over the place? Sounds like my kinda flick.
Title: Re: Christmas on Mars?
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 16, 2008, 10:06:19 am
I liked this movie, but mainly because it kind of reminded me of Oklahoma, and no matter how much I claim to hate that place (i do hate it) it is still the most normal thing I know.

The plot was obviously what it was, I didn't mind the cursing or pussy imagery, but the music/ space/ dude putting his hand in the machine parts where fuck*ng amazing.