The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Asherdan on December 18, 2008, 04:47:50 pm

Title: Got a Tree Up?
Post by: Asherdan on December 18, 2008, 04:47:50 pm
(http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k5m636Zb--/m5dvkzj95cd6xl0k4nnx.gif)
Title: Re: Got a Tree Up?
Post by: lprkn on December 18, 2008, 06:21:51 pm
Um, so...funny story.

Last weekend I was out till closing time, and had to walk a little over a mile throughsingle digit cold to get home. The gin and tonic nightcap put me over the edge, and apparently my route home went through the tree lot down the street, because I woke up to a 4 foot high tree next to my door. It's still there because I don't know if I should return it or put it up.
Title: Re: Got a Tree Up?
Post by: wombat on December 18, 2008, 07:04:49 pm
Got a very nice tree this year. Alcohol was not involved.
Title: Re: Got a Tree Up?
Post by: miles on December 18, 2008, 08:20:48 pm
While I'm no Scrooge (I have a small collection of Xmas CDs/records even) I am opposed to decorating for any holiday. It's probably because of the work involved.
Title: Re: Got a Tree Up?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 18, 2008, 08:35:10 pm
We got a tree the freakin' day after Thanksgiving.  There's a tree farm up the road from my in-laws' place out in Winchester, and we cut our own there for about half what we'd pay at a suburban strip mall parking lot Christmas tree salesman.
Title: Re: Got a Tree Up?
Post by: jaydub on December 19, 2008, 06:07:22 pm
How's it holding up?  We have a "permanent tree" on account of my wife's black thumb.  She can even kill these:
(http://www.plantoasis.com/plants/1001_1020/images/1010_heartleaf_philodendron.jpg)

We put our tree up last weekend.  My daughter and I play the ornament game each night: she gets a couple ornaments off the tree and brings them to me, and I explain the symbolism involved in each one (red and green for holly berries and evergreen, symbolizing life in the dead of winter, etc).  This is more challenging with the Disneyfied ones.
Title: Re: Got a Tree Up?
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2008, 06:17:07 pm
Hmm, so I wonder what this green octopus means?