The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Victoria Waterfield on December 19, 2008, 06:02:20 am

Title: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on December 19, 2008, 06:02:20 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12182008

That is some hardcore depression. Daaaamn.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Toaster on December 19, 2008, 06:08:49 am
The "If I did I'd be bluffing" panel is a thing that happens in my life literally once a week. It is such a true thing. Onstad has insights.

Also, I never thought about it like this, but Roast Beef = Rorschach. Look at the last panel and see it.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: lprkn on December 19, 2008, 06:33:05 am
Somewhat closer to good old Achewood, in my opinion.

"Because I got depression" is my new answer for everything.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 19, 2008, 06:39:24 am
Oh man.

Top strip basically HAPPENED today.

This is what I'm talking about when I tell people why I like Achewood.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: oball on December 19, 2008, 07:56:00 am
The "If I did I'd be bluffing" panel is a thing that happens in my life literally once a week.

Man, if only it was only ONCE a week.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: pmcd9 on December 19, 2008, 10:31:19 am
Dude, have you heard of Seka?
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: wombat on December 19, 2008, 01:38:15 pm
I have never heard of Seka but OMG, can we chip in and get Roast Beef a prescription for a nice antidepressant for Christmas? I can't take it anymore.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 19, 2008, 02:24:41 pm
I have never heard of Seka but OMG, can we chip in and get Roast Beef a prescription for a nice antidepressant for Christmas? I can't take it anymore.

I looked up Seka on Wikipedia and was quite disappointed. I will opt to pretend that Ray was mispronouncing "Sega."

Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 19, 2008, 03:38:37 pm
This strip just made me sad.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: lprkn on December 19, 2008, 03:39:18 pm
Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the depression.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 19, 2008, 07:58:31 pm
I showed the girlfriend this strip, explaining to her that in the penispad and BK cases, this is how I feel sometimes?

But upon looking at the bit about the Christmas ornament, she just started weeping and asked why I would ever show a person such a sad thing.

I think she holds illusions of childhood happiness in an unrealistically high regard for Reasons.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: AugustWest on December 19, 2008, 11:41:16 pm
I looked up Seka on Wikipedia and was quite disappointed. I will opt to pretend that Ray was mispronouncing "Sega."



Bobby, you had to look up Seka?  How old are you?
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: pmcd9 on December 20, 2008, 01:10:39 am
I loved Seka.  Those were more innocent times.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: miles on December 20, 2008, 03:05:25 am
I'm 29 and had to look Seka up as well. Cut-off must be somewhere in the 30s.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 20, 2008, 03:10:14 am
I have no idea what Seka is and I am nearly thirty.

I imagined it being like Sanka.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Golfhaus on December 20, 2008, 03:15:06 am
The penispad panel is basically how I feel at work every day these days.  :(
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: AugustWest on December 20, 2008, 03:41:51 am
Seka was the Bettie Page of the 80s.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: jaydub on December 20, 2008, 05:28:58 am
Seka was the Bettie Page of the 80s.
I thought was Grace Jones.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Doc on December 20, 2008, 05:34:47 am
I thought was Grace Jones.

Yessssssssss (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02122008)
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 20, 2008, 05:38:26 am
I thought Grace Jones was the "Prince" of Bizarro World.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: miles on December 20, 2008, 06:44:28 am
It's already been said, more or less, but how does Onstad read my diseased brain?

Recently, my brain even prevented me from entering a grocery store.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: pmcd9 on December 20, 2008, 06:52:06 am
Grace Jones is a dude right?  I've always thought that.  She's must have come out and admitted it by now I'm sure.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 20, 2008, 01:53:10 pm
Grace Jones is a dude right?  I've always thought that.  She's must have come out and admitted it by now I'm sure.

Grace Jones is beyond such pathetic mortal three-dimensional concepts such as gender.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: theinevitable on December 27, 2008, 01:50:28 am
This makes me realize, suddenly, that I have been having a problem like this lately. Actually for like a year, but suddenly it is particularly bad.

Today I walked into a store and the salesman asked me what I wanted to buy, and I was just PARALYZED by the knowledge of all of these assumptions he was going to make about me, and all of the horrible things he must think about me for wanting him to help me buy an expensive product. I stood there staring at him for long enough that afterwards my brother said "what the hell is wrong with you??"

Somehow, thinking about it made me realize that I get into these situations a lot, and maybe it is not normal for that to happen.

It has something to do with feeling like people have an expectation that I am not fulfilling. Even when it's something that... 2 minutes later I realize was completely stupid.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: CortJstr on December 27, 2008, 02:24:02 am
The SO is like that. She'll have a problem finding something, and when a salesperson comes over she'll say she's fine, just so she doesn't have to interact with the person and potentially look dumb.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: wombat on December 27, 2008, 04:21:51 am
Um, people. That is a person who can't get a better job than salesperson in a store? Is there really a good reason to feel inadequate in comparison? I mean, apologies to all of you are are salespeople and also writing the great American novel on the side but really, get a grip.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: Doc on December 27, 2008, 04:36:09 am
That knowledge doesn't help unfortunately.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: lprkn on December 27, 2008, 06:00:42 am
Internet research is my in-store salesperson.

Hooray for no human contact.
Title: Re: 18th December 2008 - If I did I'd be bluffing
Post by: theinevitable on December 27, 2008, 08:57:12 am
yeah, thinking about it logically does not really help.