The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: melack on December 22, 2008, 09:21:22 pm

Title: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: melack on December 22, 2008, 09:21:22 pm
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12222008

Do they still have Waldenbooks? I haven't been to a shopping mall in so long.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: wombat on December 22, 2008, 09:25:19 pm
Aw. That's sweet.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Ben-San on December 22, 2008, 09:29:24 pm
Bonus points: this is the most positive experience Young Roast Beef had with an adult role model.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on December 22, 2008, 09:31:06 pm
Waldenbooks got bought out by Borders, and is now branded as Borders Express.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 22, 2008, 09:35:57 pm
I would read a magazine that promoted ten things to do.  That would make me pick up an issue and flip through.

If that list was good, I'd even subscribe.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: linnea on December 22, 2008, 11:33:57 pm
I'm pretty surprised that Onstad was able to evoke such emotion with just a couple of lines of text and 2 tiny lines under the manager's eyes. I got all verklempt. The manager remembers how much isolation and pain he felt growing up, and he tries to ease the suffering of another. That is so touching and sad. It is tough to be a gay kiddo, and it was even worse in 1984.

Ray's assholish behaviour was going to get Beef busted, but a small twist of fate ushered Beef away from getting the cops called. Poor Beef.

**EDIT: Turbo Ninja, where the hell did you get that cuh-razy school picture of a '70s era kid with a manchild mustache?? That is creepy and hilarious at the same time.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: CortJstr on December 22, 2008, 11:46:38 pm
I remember the Waldenbooks at our mall growing up kept the Playboys in a spot that would have been perfect for sneaking reading if the magazines were anywhere but the top shelf. Luckily about 1/4 of the time some kind soul had "accidentally" left an issue on the bottom shelf where inquiring 7-year-olds could easily find it.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 23, 2008, 02:32:28 am
My problem with gay-pornography-thinly-veiled-as-women's-pornography is not that I am homophobic but rather that it makes me feel fatter than I actually am.

That is something that I don't think some women understand about straight men's pornography:

Yes, Ron Jeremy is disgustingly ugly. That is the point. He makes us feel better about ourselves while we are also seeing naked ladies.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: lprkn on December 23, 2008, 02:42:10 am
I'm usually struck by how tan everyone is in those things.

Also: Linnea!
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Ben-San on December 23, 2008, 03:42:39 am
My problem with gay-pornography-thinly-veiled-as-women's-pornography is not that I am homophobic but rather that it makes me feel fatter than I actually am.

That is something that I don't think some women understand about straight men's pornography:

Yes, Ron Jeremy is disgustingly ugly. That is the point. He makes us feel better about ourselves while we are also seeing naked ladies.

I understand some ladytypes feel similarly about the women in men's pornography. If they want to look at hot dudes not wearing much at all, far be it from me to begrudge it them.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: miles on December 23, 2008, 03:44:56 am
Yes, Ron Jeremy is disgustingly ugly. That is the point. He makes us feel better about ourselves while we are also seeing naked ladies.

My solution is to take the guys out completely. Sure, you miss the "if some nasty dude like Ron Jeremy can get some I can too" fantasy, but on the plus side, you don't have to look at Ron Jeremy.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Doc on December 23, 2008, 05:03:02 am
My solution is to take the guys out completely. Sure, you miss the "if some nasty dude like Ron Jeremy can get some I can too" fantasy, but on the plus side, you don't have to look at Ron Jeremy.

Yeah this was always my understanding on why lesbians are so popular. I mean, have you ladies seen a dick? I ain't want to look at that when I'm getting my self-mac on.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 23, 2008, 05:14:47 am
It's true.

The whole point is getting the c*ck hidden from view.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: dejavroom on December 23, 2008, 10:39:17 am
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Golfhaus on December 23, 2008, 01:39:16 pm
Mrs. Haus and I just had an interesting conversation last night about the porn that we each preferred. As it turns out, we like completely opposite things. I don't know if it's just a gender divide, or a sign that we're screwed.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 23, 2008, 08:27:17 pm
**EDIT: Turbo Ninja, where the hell did you get that cuh-razy school picture of a '70s era kid with a manchild mustache?? That is creepy and hilarious at the same time.

http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/2008/06/bad-studio-portraits-of-day.html (http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/2008/06/bad-studio-portraits-of-day.html)

When I was in 5th grade I was a little afraid of moving up to the middle school because the 8th graders looked like this guy. 

Not pictured: Jean jacket, big hairbrush sticking out of back pocket, cigarette butt salvaged from ashtray outside Dairy Mart.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 23, 2008, 09:59:38 pm
Mrs. Haus and I just had an interesting conversation last night about the porn that we each preferred. As it turns out, we like completely opposite things.

Unless you prefer men-on-men and she prefers women-on-women, I don't think it's a deal breaker.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Limmo on December 24, 2008, 03:13:10 am
Somebody please help: what is that logo on the front of Ray's shirt?
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 24, 2008, 03:37:52 am
Some kind of shark explorer, I think.

"I claim this land for shark!" and all that.

Sharko Polo, maybe.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: colmore on December 24, 2008, 04:29:36 pm
Land sharks are really the scariest things if you think about them.
Title: Re: 22 December 2008 - This Month: BEN
Post by: Turbo Ninja on December 24, 2008, 05:32:41 pm
Somebody please help: what is that logo on the front of Ray's shirt?


Gotcha.  They still use it as a subtle touch on their website (http://www.gotcha.com/default.asp) but I can't remember the last time I'd seen anyone actually wearing their brand.  Of course, I live in Ohio and surf ain't our specialty.