The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on December 24, 2008, 07:28:56 pm

Title: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 24, 2008, 07:28:56 pm
Was Bank of America even around in 1981? (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12242008)
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: wombat on December 24, 2008, 07:51:43 pm
Didn't I just say 'awwwww' yesterday?

This is so oddly, Achewood-ly touching. That Onstad, the holidays have made him into a sentimental fool.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on December 24, 2008, 07:53:30 pm
Didn't I just say 'awwwww' yesterday?

This is so oddly, Achewood-ly touching. That Onstad, the holidays have made him into a sentimental fool.

It has become a comic about a baby.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: CortJstr on December 24, 2008, 07:56:19 pm
Was Bank of America even around in 1981? (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12242008)

Apparently (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America).

I wonder where Showbiz is. Up to no good, I assume.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: AugustWest on December 25, 2008, 02:14:13 am
Touching strip.  Circumstances.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: jough on December 25, 2008, 02:30:17 am
LAME
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2008, 02:40:29 am
It seems that the less traumatic parts of Roast Beef's childhood, the more normally and subtly depressing, were all scenes from the Richard Linklater film "Slacker".

Which is good enough for me.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: herofix on December 25, 2008, 05:22:16 am
Another wonderful strip.

I heard next season is flashforwards! But you won't realise it until the strip is almost done and Lyle uses a vibrator that won't be released until 2012.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: KeithHernandez on December 25, 2008, 06:00:09 am
It seems that the less traumatic parts of Roast Beef's childhood, the more normally and subtly depressing, were all scenes from the Richard Linklater film "Slacker".

Which is good enough for me.

Dude is right.

And it is good enough, classic movie.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: theinevitable on December 25, 2008, 02:54:29 pm
I need to see that film, a lot.

A lot, do you understand me?
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: pmcd9 on December 25, 2008, 04:40:20 pm
Richard Linklater is from Houston btw.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 25, 2008, 08:10:17 pm
Apparently (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America).

I wonder where Showbiz is. Up to no good, I assume.
Showbiz doesn't seem to have a very firm foothold in the acheverse or in Beef's childhood. The childhood neuroses and trauma work out better for a single kid, I think.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2008, 09:23:58 pm
Someone stole my VHS copy of "Slacker" waaaaay back in college.

I need to buy the Criterion set of it on DVD, someday.

Someday, you know, when I have money.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: theinevitable on December 25, 2008, 09:28:44 pm
you can watch it for free, legally, on hulu.com
but it requires a registration because the movie is rated R.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: littlefallsmets on December 25, 2008, 10:13:25 pm
...I want all the bonus stuff, though!

I am a whore for the bonus stuff.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: theinevitable on December 25, 2008, 10:23:14 pm
oh, I mean. But you can watch it if you have missed watching it. or something.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: JorgeFabregas on December 30, 2008, 02:16:19 pm
You know who else had a weak foothold in the strip?

Colonel Ephraim: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212003

I would like to hear more about Ray's time of slavery and assisted pooping.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: colmore on January 02, 2009, 03:44:11 pm
Judging from how things turned out, I'd posit that Showbiz had an even worse childhood than Beef.

Or else it was an equal start and Showbiz just didn't have the WIS or CHA to deal.
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: Lister on January 04, 2009, 11:29:30 pm
I think something in me is broken.  I came away from reading that with the thought "Wait, area codes only used 0 or 1 in the middle until the mid 1990s."
Title: Re: Faster for All the Wrong Reasons - 24 December 2008
Post by: Death Ray on January 06, 2009, 12:21:31 am
You know who else had a weak foothold in the strip?

Colonel Ephraim: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02212003

I would like to hear more about Ray's time of slavery and assisted pooping.

Where was Ramses at this time?