The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: smick on January 07, 2009, 11:43:15 pm

Title: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: smick on January 07, 2009, 11:43:15 pm
I've been a listener to T.S.O.Y.A. for about a year now, so I was delighted to see the Onstad interview was waiting for me on my iPod this morning when I got to the gym.

Aside from incorrectly crediting Onstad with being the author of "Wondermark", it was a pretty straight forward interview, and won't tell you anything you haven't already read in other interviews.

Though, I have to say it bugged me every time Jesse Thorn, the host, said "The Great Outdoor Fight."  The inflection was weird and put the emphasis on the wrong word.  He kept saying "The Great OUTDOOR Fight" instead of "The Great Outdoor FIGHT".  It makes it sound like the fight was with or about the out of doors.

Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: pmcd9 on January 08, 2009, 12:47:27 am
Can we get a link please?
Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: Doc on January 08, 2009, 02:17:08 am
I'd say The GREAT Outdoor Fight
Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on January 08, 2009, 02:55:24 am
Oh, the OutDOOR fight.
Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: smick on January 08, 2009, 03:44:05 am
Can we get a link please?

http://www.maximumfun.org/blog/2009/01/chris-onstad-creator-of-achewood.html

Mai oui!

I'd say The GREAT Outdoor Fight

Or you could get all Walkenish on it and say "the GREAT... out DOORFIGHT."
Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: Golfhaus on January 09, 2009, 01:25:09 am
Or you could go Columbus stylezz and say "THE! Great Outdoor Fight."

But those guys are asshats, so...
Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: oball on January 09, 2009, 02:30:19 am
That oddly-placed exclamation point just made me think "Great Outdoor Fight You! Black Emperor".
Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: theinevitable on January 09, 2009, 06:58:09 am
Quote
That oddly-placed exclamation point just made me think "Great Outdoor Fight You! Black Emperor".

YES
Title: Re: The Sound of Young America Interview
Post by: littlefallsmets on January 09, 2009, 04:12:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, Great Outdoors fight you!