The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on January 14, 2009, 04:06:20 am

Title: There is Balm in Gilead
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on January 14, 2009, 04:06:20 am
In Hell, Beef told a very drunk Ray, "There is Balm in Gilead." "There is Balm in Gilead" is a traditional black spiritual.

Gilead appears in the Bible in the book of Judges during the story of the original Shibboleth: that is, an Ephraimite wished to pass as a Gileadean, and the guards of Gilead asked him to pronounce "shibboleth" (a part of a grain stalk, I think) -- the Ephraimite said "Sibboleth," and was thus outed.

Col. Ephraim was the ostensible owner of Ray during his show-cat days.

PAGING CHRISTOPH ONSTAD, FINNISH INVENTOR,  WHAT KIND OF WEIRD BIBLE CODE JUNGIAN THING ARE YOU DOING HERE
Title: Re: There is Balm in Gilead
Post by: smick on January 15, 2009, 07:01:38 pm
If I order your Achewood Code software, will I also get a special pair of eternal life rings?