The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on January 28, 2009, 12:23:34 am

Title: John Updike is dead!
Post by: Golfhaus on January 28, 2009, 12:23:34 am
I don't think I've ever read one of his books, though I read "A&P" in school just like every other high school student. Still, I chose him from a list more or less at random to do a report on in 11th grade English. I was proud of the B+ I got on my report on an author I'd never read or even heard of.

It seems from all accounts I'd probably enjoy his stories. Maybe I'll get around to it.
Title: Re: John Updike is dead!
Post by: AugustWest on January 28, 2009, 02:14:47 am
The Rabbit books are classic and are certainly worth your time.  Updike could write a hell of a sentence.  RIP

Now we'll never read the rest of Krusty's autobiography.
Title: Re: John Updike is dead!
Post by: jaydub on January 28, 2009, 02:22:23 am
Huh.  I had him penciled under the "already dead" column.

No, wait.  That was Frederick Forsyth.
Title: Re: John Updike is dead!
Post by: theinevitable on January 28, 2009, 03:50:04 am
I like his work a lot.

I removed him from my Favorite Books section on facebook... probably 3 days ago.
Title: Re: John Updike is dead!
Post by: miles on January 28, 2009, 04:05:37 am
Ominous...
Title: Re: John Updike is dead!
Post by: Doc on January 28, 2009, 05:20:25 am
I removed him from my Favorite Books section on facebook... probably 3 days ago.

Inev, don't de-friend me ok?