The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: littlefallsmets on February 02, 2009, 08:48:21 am

Title: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 02, 2009, 08:48:21 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02022009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02022009)

Kind of a hybrid thing. A little bit "flowchart" a little bit "meh".

After so long a wait, though, probably anything would be disappointing.

Perhaps best to put the weak foot forward after such a wait.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: Choop on February 02, 2009, 09:30:30 am
can'd for proper title

though it's a tough choice between that and basically any of the entries in the flowchart, but i already can'd you so what the hell it ain't like imma take it back or nothin sheesh gimme a break i ain't no low down dirty dude such as would do so
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: AugustWest on February 02, 2009, 01:33:30 pm
This strip was pretty funny when I first read it two weeks ago. 

I mean, WTF Onstad?  Why not go ahead and post it for everybody back then?
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 02, 2009, 04:41:35 pm
Really? That's how the premium area stuff went down for this?

God, other than the income stream, it sounds like that thing has just become a trainwreck.

No good for the main free site to begin with and now no good for itself.

Golden goose is just streaming blood outta its slit neck, huh?
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: AugustWest on February 02, 2009, 05:44:15 pm
No, there's other stuff.  But when he said new strip, I thought he meant new strip. 
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: Bimmicus on February 03, 2009, 01:45:00 am
Achewood has officially entered the "so just how much longer am I going to keep this bookmark around?" stage for me, and that's never a good sign.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: theinevitable on February 03, 2009, 02:27:47 am
this was like... a parody of achewood.

oh man, I'm just gonna blurt out all these kind of interesting phrases involving old stuff and humorous concepts, and let the readers take it from there.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: Lister on February 03, 2009, 07:38:15 am
I kind of want to use that name generator now.  For work.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: oball on February 03, 2009, 09:12:52 am
Here you go. (http://www.daisyowl.com/achewood/?)








Also Daisy Owl is really good and you should read it.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: pmcd9 on February 03, 2009, 02:03:06 pm
OBall is that yours?
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: CortJstr on February 03, 2009, 02:13:17 pm
Here you go. (http://www.daisyowl.com/achewood/?)








Also Daisy Owl is really good and you should read it.



I didn't know Daisy Owl was a regular strip. I thought they just did the weekly strips at Cracked.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: oball on February 03, 2009, 02:48:10 pm
OBall is that yours?

Ha, I wish.  No, it's done by a guy called Ben Driscoll.

He started out posting the strips on the Cracked forums, and when everyone told him they wanted more he put together a website.  Cracked runs a strip on the front page every so often because the editor likes the comic and wants to give him publicity.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2009, 04:44:35 pm
Hezekiah Alkali Squall Gypsum.

Not sure I can live up to it.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: Drygioni on February 03, 2009, 04:49:56 pm
Lazarus Bitumen Azimuth Swineroarer.

We still have members of the gentry with names like that here
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: wombat on February 03, 2009, 06:34:33 pm
I have looked at this Daisy Owl thing a couple times before and been unable to get into it, but today I started reading through the archives backwards and maybe I am getting the hang of it. This one (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2008-12-19) may have been some kind of breakthrough - I had that "Aaaaah" feeling at the end that I usually only get from a good Achewood panel.

It would be nice if I could like this. It would be good to have something new to do in case, y'know, some other comic goes extinct.

edit: Oh, this one too. (http://www.daisyowl.com/comic/2008-12-12)
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: colmore on February 03, 2009, 07:02:56 pm
Oops I hadn't realized this thread had gone there before I posted mine.  Someone can delete that.

I like Daisy Owl.  I'm a firm believer in the whole "great artists steal" thing.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: AugustWest on February 03, 2009, 07:05:06 pm
Someone can delete that.


done.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: jaydub on February 03, 2009, 07:06:03 pm
Hezekiah Alkali Squal Gypsum.
Not sure I can live up to it.
Hmm, doesn't this fail the "marred by feldspar" requirement?  The code needs some tweaking.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: Ben-San on February 03, 2009, 11:52:40 pm
It also flowers without bearing fruit, although it is not a plant.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: AugustWest on February 04, 2009, 01:49:09 am
It also flowers without bearing fruit, although it is not a plant.

1 mineralogical can for you sir.
Title: Re: February 2, 2009 - "some lumpy stooge in an orange apron"
Post by: Death Ray on February 04, 2009, 10:44:18 pm
Achewood has officially entered the "so just how much longer am I going to keep this bookmark around?" stage for me, and that's never a good sign.

Oh faithless generation! I say to you now, there are those on this forum who will not taste death before the kingdom of Achewood arrives!