The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: Drygioni on February 06, 2009, 01:22:36 pm
-
You still don't look a day over 20 yet have a handsome husband, wonderful kids and 3175 posts on a messageboard about cartoon animals. Keep up the pace, you'll be President one day.
To re-iterate: Happy Birthday!
-
C'mere and let me give you your birthday spanking!
-
Hang on, I know we've got a macrame card for you around here somewhere...
Happy birthday TOUAMOM.
-
Veddy Appy Birfday!
-
Welcome to the club of old decrepit people! We're so pleased to have you. Get off her lawn, you kids!
-
I'm only 6 months behind you. So you'll have to scout ahead and report back.
-
Happy Birthday, JL!
30, huh. I'm looking down the barrel at 40 come July. Still, at least you were born in a decade before I was in high school.
-
Happy birthday, den mom! May your husband and your offspring recognize the true gift of your presence in their lives!
-
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy birthday. Long live the den mother.
-
Long live the den mother.
I already have lived long. The best I can hope for at this point is "longer."
Isn't that the best any woman can hope for, after all?
Anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes. I got a blender! From my mom! It's blue!
I told her I didn't need one, because the avocado green blender she bought when they moved into their avocado green kitchen in '78 is sitting in my kitchen cabinet, and it still works great. Besides, the old one matches my (her) avocado green hand mixer. (She has informed me that she is willing to get me a mixer in robin's egg blue to match the blender. I have declined. Why do I need a new mixer? The one I have works fine. Even if it was featured as the murder weapon on Columbo. In 1976.)
If I have the chance later I'll post pictures of the blender. Tomorrow I'm throwing a combination birthday party for both my kids, to distract people from my advanced age. I'll let you know if it works.
Oh, also, I got my MA degree in the mail today. That was cool.
-
Why would anyone want a new blender if they had the Columbo Blender?
-
Even if it was featured as the murder weapon on Columbo. In 1976.)
Is that the one with Martin Landau? He electrocutes his uncle with it?
Oh, and happy birthday.
-
Why would anyone want a new blender if they had the Columbo Blender?
It's the Columbo mixer, actually, but the point is still valid. Why?
Is that the one with Martin Landau? He electrocutes his uncle with it?
Oh, and happy birthday.
Yes! And he is twins! My mixer is famous. Awesome.
Incidentally, does anyone want a vintage blender? I will pay for the shipping if you promise to give it a good home.
-
It's the Columbo mixer, actually, but the point is still valid. Why?
Yes! And he is twins! My mixer is famous. Awesome.
Incidentally, does anyone want a vintage blender? I will pay for the shipping if you promise to give it a good home.
Oh hells yes.
-
Why do I need a new mixer? The one I have works fine. Even if it was featured as the murder weapon on Columbo. In 1976.)
JL now is an old jewish woman from a 1970s comedy in my head.
If i were not on another continent with a different mains power voltage I would totally take your vintage blender and make awesome pesto with it. Alas such dreams are too beautiful for this world.
-
I'm now conflicted about the blender. I'm considering keeping both.
I'll keep you posted.
-
If i were not on another continent with a different mains power voltage I would totally take your vintage blender and make awesome pesto with it. Alas such dreams are too beautiful for this world.
Our house was partially warmed by a collection of transformers due to my parents' insistence on bringing American appliances with them to Oz. Behind the curtains, under the end-tables, behind the couch - they crouched, oily and dusty and humming quietly. I undoubtedly am toxic to eat on account of my PCB laden fat cells.
-
When you say a combination party, do you mean it will involve combining things in your shiny new blender?
Furthermore: a belated happy birthday!
-
Our house was partially warmed by a collection of transformers due to my parents' insistence on bringing American appliances with them to Oz. Behind the curtains, under the end-tables, behind the couch - they crouched, oily and dusty and humming quietly. I undoubtedly am toxic to eat on account of my PCB laden fat cells.
I shudder just to imagine the shipping costs. Luckily around here it's more likely the skin cancer will get you before any toxins do.
-
I got a fancy new designer blender as a gift last year and I put cooked, soft, mushy chickpeas and olive oil in it with the intent to make hummus as the first task with the new machine. Damn thing crapped out during the first batch of beans - and these were so soft I could mash 'em with a fork. Thankfully I hadn't thrown out the old 1950's blender form my grandma, and did the whole batch of hummus in that. I exchanged the new (broken) blender for a different brand of blender, but I'm keeping the '50's blender in the basement, along with my rotary phone. The rotary phone has also saved me when new technology has crapped out on me, leaving me to wonder just how much old crap I need to store in my basement as back-up.
Happy Belated Birthday JL - my you liquefy and blend as much and as long as you so desire to.
-
I shudder just to imagine the shipping costs. Luckily around here it's more likely the skin cancer will get you before any toxins do.
I picked up my share of that too, just at the right age. You know spring has arrived when you get your first blistering burn. My dermatologist clears her afternoon schedule when I book an appointment.
-
I'm one of those lucky people who does NOT sunburn. I've been burned once in my life, when I was six and we spent two days on a Florida beach in June with no sunscreen. Being generally fair-skinned, this surprises a lot of people, but I can actually get pretty dark without burning if I stay moisturized.
-
I keep hoping that someday my moles and freckles will become dense enough that people think I have a nice tan.