The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: sammyjankis on November 19, 2003, 10:03:08 am
-
Me first! Wow. I feel special. :)
Ok - so there's no easy way to use Roastbeef's latest Tetris block.
Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11182003).
-
Me first! Wow. I feel special. :)
Ok - so there's no easy way to use Roastbeef's latest Tetris block.
Hee! and I kept checking, too. it just wasn't up yet then I went to go watch some tv, and yeah ...well, I figure I cannot be the first forever this week ;D
My fav. bit was about the shooting doilies ..hah.
That tetris move ..hmmm. at first I was thinking he could quickly flip it, but it would greatly ruin the game no matter which way it goes.
-
Roast Beef was Phillipe's best man, for chrissakes! What the hell is he doin', doggs?! FOCUS.
-
Beef'll probably get a Pi symbol next. Bless 'im.
-
Next is a Mobius-shaped Tetris piece. In a strip posted 5am next Monday.
It's time for my shot, Sammy.
-
Roast Beef was Phillipe's best man, for chrissakes! What the hell is he doin', doggs?! FOCUS.
Don't you see the symbolism? Omega is the end which is what Beef is worried Philippe might be up against. It's a brilliant look into the psyche of Beef.
Remind me never to visit a psimoon with him.
-
I didn't notice in the previous Lyle/Mr. Bear strip that Mr. Bear's Mini is British -- i.e. the steering wheel's on the right.
Doily, doily, doily.
That's going to be my word for the day.
Doily.
-
Okay, kids. I'm laying down the law.
no more "first post!" posts
What the hell, people? This is not /. If you have something to say about the comic, fine. But please don't make it into a "who can stay up latest and refresh Onstad's page the most times" contest.
-
Okay, kids. I'm laying down the law.
no more "first post!" posts
What the hell, people? This is not /.
It's not? Then what the hell am I gonna do with all these hot grits?
On topic, I can't wait to see what switch four does.
-
The Omega tetris piece is a thing of beauty and a joy forever. Unlike even the last Hell Tetris, there is absolutely no use and no place for this.
What is Lyle's obsession with Mr. Bear and doilies, anyway? Does it date back to this strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042002), or is it somehow deeper?
-
That's Ardbeg.... Was I the only one who had to Google to find out it was another brand of whiskey? And me with my spouse a fanatical single malt drinker who often has Laphroaig around the house, although not dispensed in the car, thank goodness.
(Ardbeg has an irritatingly cutesy Web site and Laphroaig's is irritatingly pretentious. It all tastes like poison to me, I fear.)
Doily. I second the motion. Doily.
-
haha. Doily.
thirded!
So Volume III... O M G
I guess I should buy the first two though huh
-
Both Ardbeg and Laphroaig are produced on the Isle of Islay, Scotland. They're both very similar in formula - Laphroaig is a little "oakier" and Ardbeg is a little "peatier" but basically you cannot go wrong with either complex and mysterious single malts.
But DO NOT get the 10 year aged. Spring the extra $20-30 and get the 15. Your mouth will thank me.
-
Item 1: "doily" is not a word any more. Thanks a lot people.
Item 2: I figured there'd be no need to google Ardbeg since I knew somebody on here would explain it.
Item 3: Have you all forgotten about switches 1 and 2? We need some rampant speculation, stat.
Item 4: I had that "fresco" stuff at Taco Bell today. Not achewood related, I just wanted to pad my item list.
Item 5: Volume III? W00t as the kids are wont to say these days.
-
"Complex and mysterious" meaning, in this case, "tastes like really evil cough syrup." I guess "peatier" means "tastes more like it contains gardening supplies"?
I'm a chocolate person myself. I know, girly of me.
But I will try to find some Ardbeg for a Christmas present, since it's not about what I like. At least I will be able to enjoy the story about where I got the reccomendation. Anyone know if there is a way to get the strip to print out with the alt-text showing?
(P.S. Doily doily doily doily.)
-
Sort of odd... I had been drawing omegas all over my sketchbook yesterday- I have a dorky teenage obcession with it and I just sort of had it stuck in my head... so props to Onstad for the mind-reading and what not.
-
I hope we have a week of impossible Tetris soon. I'm loving them.
Or even better, we could have a week of impossible games...
No, I don't know either... It's early...
I reckon button 4 has to be Malibu and Coke, and it turns out Mr Bear has a nasty secret. Well, that being the nasty secret.
I don't think he'd have a NO2 kit on his car.
-
I don't think he'd have a NO2 kit on his car.
I think that a Right-hand drive Cooper Mini with an NO2 kit would be excellent! I vote for that. Although the doily cannon is pretty excellent, too.
-
Switch 1: Shoots out tacks/nails like in cartoons when Mr. Bear is feeling especially mean.
Switch 2: Shoots out spare tires in case he feels guilty. Which he will.
-
Okay, kids. I'm laying down the law.
no more "first post!" posts
What the hell, people? This is not /. If you have something to say about the comic, fine. But please don't make it into a "who can stay up latest and refresh Onstad's page the most times" contest.
Eep! I hope I'm not implied here.
Honestly I was joking about the 'not being first forever' thing ..hah.
Usually I'm just up late and when I send the email off to my mom concerning the comic, I come here to see if there's a new topic and if not, I post it with the same comment I make to mom ..all innocent really :)
---
Oh yeah, The Guest went and googled Ardbeg for mom; I was amused that Michael Jackson was in the definition; I don't know...
Proof: Founded 1815 ; Operating Status: mothballed 1996; reopening soon. The distillery may have is origins as far back as 1794 [and was reputedly originally the hideout of smugglers]. It was definitely operating by 1817. It is a fine example of a traditional malt distillery, and most handsome. After a short period of closure it reopened in 1989, to the delight of enthusiasts for Islay malts. Its own maltings, which had a distinctive design, did not reopen.
© Michael Jackson 1994, ???
-
That's a different Michael Jackson. It's a pretty common name.
-
That's a different Michael Jackson. It's a pretty common name.
Indeed. Controller of BBC2, now heading up Universal in the US - Michael Jackson number 3...
-
while playing this game
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Welltris
I seriously got a piece as bad as the omega it was like this
[]
..[]
....[]
......[]
........[]
..........[]
utterly insane. anyway this comic was fuck*ng great.
sorry about the dots, spaces get removed by the php.
-
Doomglobe, I had a game that was much the same concept as Welltris, called Blockout, on one of my first computers... I think the 486. It was brutal, but I dont know if it was ever that bad.
-
Okay, kids. I'm laying down the law.
no more "first post!" posts
What the hell, people? This is not /. If you have something to say about the comic, fine. But please don't make it into a "who can stay up latest and refresh Onstad's page the most times" contest.
Sorry - can I use the noobie excuse? Guess I have an advantage being on this side of the Atlantic. But I've got one so I'll be happy forever. And from now on will endeavour to provide erudite and witty comments or discussion on this fine strip.
Promise. :yinyang:
-
Eh, don't sweat it. That was more of a general "this is getting out of hand" sort of post rather than a smackdown. Trust me, when the smack is laid down, you will be more than aware... :twisted:
Oh, and...welcome aboard.
-
Eh, don't sweat it. That was more of a general "this is getting out of hand" sort of post rather than a smackdown. Trust me, when the smack is laid down, you will be more than aware... :twisted:
Oh, and...welcome aboard.
If ya smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell what Jl . . . is . . . cookin'
It's apparently meatless and quite yummy. But you can't have any. Know your role.
-
Eh, don't sweat it. That was more of a general "this is getting out of hand" sort of post rather than a smackdown. Trust me, when the smack is laid down, you will be more than aware...
Yeah baby, talk dirty to me!
-
The impossible Tetris game...that's just the kind of day dreaming I have on a long stressful car drive, by myself in the middle of the night. Just thinking up abstract impossible situations....and stuff....
-
In computer science, the big omega represents a cap on the complexity of a problem, no instance of a problem is more complicated than the omega function.
-
That's because it is the last letter in the alphabet.
-
In computer science, the big omega represents a cap on the complexity of a problem, no instance of a problem is more complicated than the omega function.
In the industry, for a coder, the line would become - "no instance of a problem is more complicated than (insert name of idiot boss who became an industry manager despite only having a geography degree) made it",