The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Sports & Leisure => Topic started by: jay-ell on February 11, 2009, 10:31:46 pm
-
Amazon Product Page (http://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-3172-Security-Check-Point/dp/B0002CYTL2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1233778083&sr=8-1). Make sure you check out the user reviews.
(http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41G9WA5NRDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg)
What do you guys think? A practical reflection of the times in which we live, or a tool of the authoritarian police state?
It should be pointed out that Playmobil is, in fact, a German company, though the toys are popular and widely available in the US.
-
The reviews are genius.
The toy itself has me looking carefully at the URL to make sure it's not some kind of spoof. It would be perfect in The Onion.
-
What do you guys think? A practical reflection of the times in which we live, or a tool of the authoritarian police state?
While I don't think Playmobil is in cahoots with Big Brother, I'm pretty sure the heat just picked up a couple degrees on the pot of water our Frog of Liberty is in.
-
Unfortunately, it seems like Playmobil isn't making this anymore. But when i checked , someone was selling one one eBay for really cheap, obviously not realizing he possessed an important piece of Internet folklore. I was sorely tempted to buy it.