The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: guns and cigarettes on February 13, 2009, 09:45:09 pm

Title: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: guns and cigarettes on February 13, 2009, 09:45:09 pm
As a dude with not so occasional St. Elmo's Fire inside of my guts, I appreciate this a lot.

I know it's not very "post-Onstad-hiatus TOUAMB" of me, but I am still digging on this strip, PERIOD.

EDIT: Forgot link
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132009)
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: lprkn on February 13, 2009, 10:04:17 pm
linklinklink (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02132009)

Beef's stomach does not get the same font as Beef; it talks differently.

Other than that, I just don't know anymore, you know?

I keep waiting for the SS Onstad to get off that sandbar and right herself, but it just don't seem to be happening.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: wombat on February 13, 2009, 10:16:41 pm
I respectfully disagree with lprkn even though he is bigger than me and if I recall, knows how to use weapons. For me this strip is why we put up with it.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 13, 2009, 10:36:26 pm
Soy beans make me kind of gassy. Other than that, the strip is ok.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: pmcd9 on February 13, 2009, 10:43:45 pm
I found it funny.

Beef's stomach sounds a lot like Barry Bass.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 13, 2009, 10:50:15 pm
The way that most fetishes actually only make everyone other than you cry is funny to me.

I dig that and so I'm with this one.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: jaydub on February 13, 2009, 11:00:34 pm
Beef's stomach is wrong.  No job could get Showbiz's act together.  That cat is headed for Potter's Field at an early age.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: CortJstr on February 13, 2009, 11:01:18 pm
I was hearing Beef's stomach as Audry II. I guess I'm just too littler about him wanting to be fed.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 13, 2009, 11:23:45 pm
The grey cat with the poor eating habits tried a reverse Furry fantasy only to watch it backfire.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on February 14, 2009, 01:00:40 am
This strip is just what I needed after five hours of grading exams.

Also, well done on selecting the correct title.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: jay-ell on February 14, 2009, 01:17:43 am
I liked it. 
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: Doc on February 14, 2009, 01:37:20 am
No this was definitely a good strip. Also I tried googling 'fletcherize the beans' and the first hit was a new york times article titled 'does queer food make queer people' that starts off about a man eating grass, so it just keeps giving.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: miles on February 14, 2009, 01:48:40 am
Oh wow. I like the strip, too, but like the article much more.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: pmcd9 on February 14, 2009, 03:31:58 am
Fletcherize the beans.  Where does Onstad come up with some shit like that.  Was he reading the New York Times archives ahead of us?
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: Toaster on February 14, 2009, 03:35:16 am
Queer food. Next thing you know, they'll want to serve queer food in schools! And queer food combos will be expecting the right to be legally recognized as "meals"! The conservative cooks will be all like "The menu says 'steak and potatoes', not 'grass and sea water'. Kids'll go to college and experiment with algea. What's the world coming to nowadays? In my day... (grumblegrumblegrumble) Why, just the other day, I walked into my son's room and caught him fletcherizing! Disgraceful. (grumblegrumblegrumble) I mean, yeah, I was in the war, and down in that foxhole you can get real hungry. Your buddy's got some thistles, and he's willing to share, you know? Ah, you wouldn't understand.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: wombat on February 14, 2009, 01:51:18 pm
Fletcherize the beans.  Where does Onstad come up with some shit like that.  Was he reading the New York Times archives ahead of us?

Nah, Onstad is just a crazy enough foodie that he knows his history, that's all.

But there's another wonderful thing about the internet that you younguns can't really appreciate. He can get away with this because he knows that anyone who doesn't get the reference can just Google it. It's a glorious world.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: dejavroom on February 14, 2009, 01:58:01 pm
I keep on digging. Beef's stomach may be the strongest character introduced since Cartilage Head. I'm waiting for Ray's thigs to pipe in.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: Bimmicus on February 14, 2009, 10:08:23 pm
So, has 'stad made a comic lately? Did Eddie Vedder win the Super Bowl? I'm a little behind on these things.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: AugustWest on February 16, 2009, 12:59:45 am
Hot Pockets?  Onstad's ripping off Jim Gaffigan now?

The reverse furry was pretty funny however.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: Bimmicus on February 16, 2009, 01:19:36 am
I first saw this one off the main site. My initial thought was that it must have been an old strip that I had somehow missed.

So that's a good sign, I guess. Saying that I thought it was per'decent.
Title: Re: Feb 13 2009 - "the last thing I need today is drama pipes"
Post by: colmore on February 16, 2009, 07:17:34 pm
The image of Molly dressed like a human in thigh-highs crying on the edge of the bed is pretty priceless.  Glad to hear the marriage is working out about as well as we'd imagine.