The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: herofix on February 17, 2009, 08:29:45 am

Title: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: herofix on February 17, 2009, 08:29:45 am
Like a lumberjack at Burning Man or something.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009

You're all welcome, btw, though I did take the opportunity to bash everyone on this board over there.  Big hot tranny messes that you all are.
Title: February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 17, 2009, 08:30:14 am
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009)

Sixteen panels, one lonely little joke.

It IS a funny line, though. Sometimes someone you love IS a big hot tranny mess, metaphorically or otherhow.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: Doc on February 17, 2009, 10:02:17 am
29 seconds says this is the thread of champions and LFM is defeated by verbosity once again.

This is cerainly the correct title by the way and a lovely little strip but it is weird that 'stad is so hard up for time he is rereleasing subscriber only stuff. Was there any more info on his circs in there hf?
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: herofix on February 17, 2009, 11:06:33 am
No, it's all very mysterious.  I don't think there's any question he seems a bit pressed for time.  I don't think it's full-blown writer's block, though running behind schedule can turn into full-blown writer's block pdq.

He said he's in the middle of two of the longer kinds of strips, iirc, and I seem to recall him hinting that he was gonna do another Myspace strip, though maybe those two things are one and the same?

He did a funny bit where Teodor gets 'pocket dialled' by Emeril at a restaurant, who is being extremely Appalachian or whatever he is.  So I think he's still got juice, but not a lot of time.

It's a shame. 

I'm sure we'll all soldier on though.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: CortJstr on February 17, 2009, 01:59:06 pm
What I want to know is where Philippe learned this. Lyle would be the main suspect, but he seems surprised.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: wombat on February 17, 2009, 02:20:17 pm

You're all welcome, btw, though I did take the opportunity to bash everyone on this board over there.  Big hot tranny messes that you all are.

Don't think some of us didn't notice.

I assume you meant it in the nicest possible way of course.

But moving on the psychoanalysis... The man has just moved his whole family to another state on short notice. Speaking as someone who also works at home and who merely had to pack up half my house for construction and figure out how to eke out an existence in the other half, I am amazed if he gets any work done at all. I don't think it's a question of lack of inspiration - no matter how much inspiration you have, you need a certain amount of undistracted time to execute it, and there is nothing undistracting about having your whole life in boxes in a strange place.

He had a whole thread over there asking the subscribers whether he should release this strip. It was more about whether he should have strips in the subscriber section or just the extras. I don't think it was a question of being desperate to put something up on the main site.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on February 17, 2009, 02:53:27 pm
What I want to know is where Philippe learned this. Lyle would be the main suspect, but he seems surprised.

From watching "Project Runway," no?
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2009, 03:44:07 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02162009)

Sixteen panels, one lonely little joke.

It IS a funny line, though. Sometimes someone you love IS a big hot tranny mess, metaphorically or otherhow.

Ooooh, missed it by that much.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: AugustWest on February 17, 2009, 03:45:52 pm
I liked this strip better than any this year.  Simple, odd, character driven.  Achewood.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: JorgeFabregas on February 17, 2009, 04:01:12 pm
If tranny is used in the broadest sense, then Lyle may have a professional interest in big, hot, tranny messes.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: Ben-San on February 17, 2009, 04:07:48 pm
What I want to know is where Philippe learned this. Lyle would be the main suspect, but he seems surprised.

I assume he learned it from Lyle but Lyle was so drunk at the time he didn't remember.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: MagFlare on February 18, 2009, 06:17:44 am
I assume he learned it from Lyle but Lyle was so drunk at the time he didn't remember.

Plausible. Lie Bot's another likely suspect, though.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
Post by: littlefallsmets on February 18, 2009, 06:47:48 pm
Quote from: AugustWest
Ooooh, missed it by that much.

I still say I nailed the subject line, late or not.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - "a cute amount of money"
Post by: AugustWest on February 19, 2009, 01:19:05 am
I still say I nailed the subject line, late or not.

I agree with you on that point.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: Bimmicus on February 19, 2009, 05:30:24 am
I'll have to remember "a cute amount of money" the next time I get a job quote.
Title: Re: February 16th, 2009 - Big Hot Tranny Mess
Post by: jay-ell on February 19, 2009, 02:33:14 pm
I called Pedro a "big hot tranny mess" at dinner last night, and we agreed that it's a whole different kind of funny when spoken aloud.