The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on February 24, 2009, 01:39:03 pm

Title: This is awesome
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 24, 2009, 01:39:03 pm
Yes it is

(http://www.sevennationarmy.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/eajcqx6adkbf6x44r9f2b0rro1_500.jpg)
full size (http://www.sevennationarmy.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/eajcqx6adkbf6x44r9f2b0rro1_500.jpg)

I am rooting for the panda
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: AugustWest on February 24, 2009, 02:03:03 pm
Yes it is.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: Mr Trout on February 24, 2009, 05:33:38 pm
Is that supposed to be Slash in a loincloth? That kind of takes the painting to another level entirely.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: wombat on February 24, 2009, 05:55:37 pm
I can't root for either... I guess I am rooting for something like a T Rex to come and stomp on both.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: jaydub on February 24, 2009, 07:31:21 pm
A monacled panda beats a fellow in a loincloth anyday.  Is this what Frank Frazetta's been up to recently?
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: Choop on February 24, 2009, 09:40:51 pm
he's no brandon bird, but he'll do
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: Doc on February 25, 2009, 10:00:57 am
Yeah that panda is fucked. Putting the monacle and boxing gloves on him is like that bit in gladiator where the dude got stabbed before the fight where it wouldn't show so he'd go down easier.
I'm sure there's a boxing analogy that works better but I can't think of it.

Also, the panda has a pocket, apparently contiguous with it's fur.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: lprkn on February 25, 2009, 02:26:13 pm
Ah, but you forget. The panda has a weapon. It always "eats, shoots and leaves."
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: Mr Trout on February 25, 2009, 06:08:05 pm
he's no brandon bird, but he'll do

So that's who this painting reminds me of. Been a while since I've browsed Bird's site and I see he has a bunch of new paintings up. Good stuff.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: smick on February 25, 2009, 09:03:58 pm
I had the same thought.

(I also gave "Lazy Sunday Afternoon" to my Heterosexual Life Partner on our anniversary several years ago."
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: TripperDay on February 25, 2009, 09:06:26 pm
Sure everyone's going to root for the panda, but what if the panda started it?
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2009, 09:23:15 pm
I am totally not rooting for the panda. Don't get me started on pandas.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: CortJstr on February 25, 2009, 09:42:38 pm
I am totally not rooting for the panda. Don't get me started on pandas.

What about non-giant pandas? Are you cool with them? Or will you fuck a panda up regardless of variety?
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: wombat on February 25, 2009, 09:47:58 pm
Red pandas are excellent. Even Wikipedia knows they are not associated with giant pandas:

Quote
Recent molecular-systematic DNA research places the Red Panda into its own independent family Ailuridae. Ailuridae are in turn part of a trichotomy within the broad superfamily Musteloidea (Flynn et al., 2001) that also includes the Mephitidae (skunks) and the Procyonidae (raccoons) + Mustelidae (weasels). Unlike the Giant Panda, it is not a bear (Ursidae).
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: jaydub on February 25, 2009, 10:25:30 pm
Well colour me hornswoggled.  Here I've been living in the "Giant Pandas are not bears" fool's paradise.  Well, I've still got Koala's to fall back on.  Ain't no way those guys are getting reclassified as bears anytime soon.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: pmcd9 on February 25, 2009, 10:50:11 pm
Bears are awesome.  What's the fuck*ng problem?
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on February 26, 2009, 01:07:13 am
Bears are awesome.  What's the fuck*ng problem?

Given your hirstute, adipose nature, and penchant for fabulous moustaches, your statement can be interpreted a number of ways.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: miles on February 26, 2009, 03:19:11 am
Hey-o!
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: pmcd9 on February 26, 2009, 09:12:24 am
I had to look up adipose.  And I thought I had heard every way there is under the sun to be called fat.  I must commend you on your originality.  Consider yourself can'd.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: jay-ell on February 26, 2009, 03:09:29 pm
I have a good friend, a large man of Polish/German descent with thick black hair and a full beard. 

Last time he came to visit, my daughter took one look at him, grinned, and signed, "bear." 

He asked what she was signing.  I translated.  He laughed, and said, "Yeah, it's funny because it's true." 
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: CortJstr on February 27, 2009, 09:23:33 pm
I am totally not rooting for the panda. Don't get me started on pandas.

We should all chip in and buy Wombat like a case of this: http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?source=rss&utm_campaign=17989utm_source=thisjustin&utm_medium=rss&itemId=17989
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: jaydub on February 27, 2009, 10:16:20 pm
I would think regular TP printed with Pandas would be more in keeping with her opinions. :)
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: wombat on March 08, 2009, 09:59:51 pm
No wait! You should buy me this!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/04/2507046.htm (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/04/2507046.htm)
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on March 08, 2009, 10:17:11 pm
Signs of the recession: new and exciting uses for animal poop.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: pmcd9 on March 09, 2009, 01:19:50 am
Quote
"In fact what they do is leave their droppings as a form of saying, 'this is my area'.

"So if you remove it, they have to keep putting it back."

Seems like that shouldn't be too much of a problem actually.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: jaydub on March 09, 2009, 10:15:57 pm
I agree.  Wombat comes back to no scat, says "Huh, someone's stealing my markings - I'd better chow down HUGE and leave a monster they can't lift!"  Instant boost in raw materials for the papers.
Title: Re: This is awesome
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 10, 2009, 12:42:25 am
Quote
"So if you remove it, they have to keep putting it back."


Seems like that shouldn't be too much of a problem actually.

For a moment I thought this was the circumcision thread, and I was really confused.