The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: Death Ray on March 03, 2009, 10:30:39 pm

Title: Ombudsmen
Post by: Death Ray on March 03, 2009, 10:30:39 pm
Over at PvPonline.com, Scott Kurtz is doing a very funny parody of the Watchmen using classic comic strip characters, called The Ombusmen. Yesterday's strip featured this panel:

(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/blockbadge1.gif)

That's a goof on the Comedian's badge which, as luck would have it, I have the actual materials to replicate!

(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/blockbadge2.gif)

That is a modified Weapon Brown badge, a freebie I include with orders of my own ongoing comic-strip parody, Weapon Brown.

My question is: how can I sue Scott Kurtz and Alan Moore over this?
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 03, 2009, 10:41:58 pm
All due respect, but you lost me at the idea of "PvP" and "funny" being in the same sentence.

Even with four quotation marks serving as a quarantine in the ABOVE sentence it feels wrong and weird.

PvP is The Family Guy of internet gamer-fan-service strips and I can't express to you how much awfulness is invested in that string of words.
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: Death Ray on March 03, 2009, 11:29:24 pm
So cool, Death Ray, it's worth pointing out.

Ah, but for the passing of Halfpixel.com's forums I would spread the love to Herr Kurtz as well :(
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: Toaster on March 06, 2009, 06:06:28 pm
Scott Kurtz is a dick. (http://touamb.com/index.php/topic,3540.0.html) I don't know why Gabe and Tycho are friends with him.
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: lprkn on March 12, 2009, 04:12:08 am
Have you all seen this (http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/03/11/frank-millers-sin-city-meets-charles-schulzs-peanuts-in-schulz-city-that-yellow-shirt-shirted-such-and-such/)? (Peanuts by way of Sin City)

Edit: A sample:
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lprkn/031109_frank_miller_peanuts.jpg)
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: pmcd9 on March 12, 2009, 07:39:57 pm
I'm guessing Death Ray has seen it.
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 12, 2009, 08:41:25 pm
And if there's bacon in it, then Bobby has seen it.
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: pmcd9 on March 12, 2009, 08:52:31 pm
Is there bacon in it?
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 12, 2009, 09:48:01 pm
Quote from: Asherdan
links

...pun?
Title: Re: Ombudsmen
Post by: smick on March 12, 2009, 09:53:16 pm
Statement I don't use enough in conflict resolution: "That's right, thumbsucker.  I see you."