The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: revdj on March 05, 2009, 03:20:06 am

Title: Tie In
Post by: revdj on March 05, 2009, 03:20:06 am
Has anyone noticed that Benjamin Linus from LOST and Lie-Bot are very similar characters, down to the way that all the other characters consistently believe what they say?
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: Toaster on March 06, 2009, 05:43:47 pm
Locke: "Ben, what it the saddest thing?"

Ben: "The saddest thing is that all of your friends are going to die unless you go back to the island. And you have to DIE."

Locke: "Oh no! My goodness!"

Ben: "It's true. If you don't believe me, you can read the liner notes to Rubber Soul."
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: Toaster on March 06, 2009, 06:19:30 pm
Ben: "Who wants to see what an Other's ass looks like?"

Jack: "Not me!"

Hurley: "No way!"

Ben: "Why not? It just looks... Like this."
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: miles on March 06, 2009, 06:33:23 pm
Has Lost become a TV show important enough to our culture that to engage in water cooler conversation you have to watch it? Because I'm not going to watch it.
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 06, 2009, 06:46:36 pm
I would like to watch it, but I understand that to really get it you have to watch it from the beginning.

So I will get right on that in my spare time.  Right after I get done playing the guitar more, brushing up my Spanish and German, doing some volunteer work, and building my own cornhole set.  (It's a backyard game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole_(game)), you perverts.)
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: CortJstr on March 06, 2009, 06:57:40 pm
I would like to watch it, but I understand that to really get it you have to watch it from the beginning.

So I will get right on that in my spare time.  Right after I get done playing the guitar more, brushing up my Spanish and German, doing some volunteer work, and building my own cornhole set.  (It's a backyard game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole_(game)), you perverts.)

After that you should make a Bongos set.
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: miles on March 06, 2009, 07:02:33 pm
and building my own cornhole set.  (It's a backyard game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornhole_(game)), you perverts.)

Yeah, like that article is going to help your case. Some of the terminology: "Ace or Cow Pie," "Back Door," "Dirty Bag," "Sally or Corn Patty," and of course "Hooker." The best, though: "Cornfusion: When players or teams cannot agree on the scoring of a given inning." Oh wait, "Police: The cornhole referee."
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: pmcd9 on March 07, 2009, 04:45:41 pm
I saw the first episode of Lost and thought "this is some ridiculous bullshit right here." and never watched again.

That is until about a month ago.  It's got exponentially more ridiculous it seems.
Title: Re: Tie In
Post by: herofix on March 08, 2009, 02:35:37 am
It's pretty good teevee fare despite being ridiculous.  Ridiculous isn't an automatic teevee fail.  If we applied that rule, there would be no Bosom Buddies.