The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: CortJstr on March 10, 2009, 03:28:39 pm

Title: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: CortJstr on March 10, 2009, 03:28:39 pm
Gimpson posted this on Twitter earlier today. I sounds like more fun than should be allowed by law. If I were to try I would lose in a comically rapid fashion.

Plus there's a GOF shout-out. http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/utcfb.html
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: wombat on March 10, 2009, 04:24:38 pm
That is from the blog of ferocious j. It is too bad he doesn't come round here any more.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: Ruta Bagas on March 10, 2009, 06:07:30 pm
Rule 8 is the best rule.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: jaydub on March 10, 2009, 08:47:21 pm
Apropos of nothing, Wombat, I'm surprised you never covered the Stamford Chimp uprising in Animals Behaving Badly.  Perhaps because the regular media worked themselves into a lather over it?  Jeff Corwin had a rather evenhanded take (http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/17/chimpanzee.attack/#cnnSTCVideo).
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: wombat on March 10, 2009, 08:57:41 pm
I felt had nothing even mildly amusing or insightful to add to the discussion of that incident. (Um, yeah, I do try to be at least mildly amusing and insightful, if it is too subtle for anyone to notice...) The thing is that that's really a story for another really depressing blog that I could easily start, about people behaving badly towards animals. Expecting a chimp to live like a person is bound to end badly for everyone.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 11, 2009, 05:46:13 pm
Sounds awesome enough, but it's described as "A New Game I've Invented."  It must be verified as awesome.  Someone needs to organize this, and post videos.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2009, 07:12:40 pm
I am pretty sure that the inventor has already organized this.
But he doesn't index his posts or anything so someone has to read the whole blog to prove this.
http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/ (http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/)
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: CortJstr on March 11, 2009, 07:20:33 pm
I am pretty sure that the inventor has already organized this.
But he doesn't index his posts or anything so someone has to read the whole blog to prove this.
http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/ (http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/)

At the bottom of the page he says that the 2nd match was held in May '06, but presumably there's no video.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2009, 08:55:46 pm
At the bottom of the page he says that the 2nd match was held in May '06, but presumably there's no video.

Oh ye of little faith.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/utcfb/discuss/72057594129184904/ (http://www.flickr.com/groups/utcfb/discuss/72057594129184904/)
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 11, 2009, 10:24:12 pm
Yeah, can we get a refresher course on how to do that?



ALSO: You didn't even do a jokey link through text, lazy slug!



ALSO:  I have said this before and I will say it again, if you want to be your own cort all you need is site: touamb.com.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: Gimpson on March 11, 2009, 10:30:21 pm
Yeah, I am not good at organizing groups, but I have found some faint interest in the office in putting together a South Florida match.  (I think this could be awesome at the beach if I could locate a suitably unoccupied stretch.)  From what I understand, there is FJ's Bay Area group, and another group in Vegas that has staged a match. 

A little more video can be found at MySpace here (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=22887411).
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: wombat on March 11, 2009, 11:32:46 pm
Yeah, can we get a refresher course on how to do that?

Do the 'quote' thing to a post that does that, like Ash's, and you'll see what it looks like.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: lprkn on March 11, 2009, 11:41:16 pm
Wow, long time no see, Gimpson.
Title: Re: Ultimate Team Cardboard Fortress Battle
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on March 12, 2009, 01:51:55 pm
That does look pretty fun, but I'd imagine clean-up is a bear.  I suppose you could always say the losing team has to pick everything up.