The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: arlucasinc on November 21, 2003, 12:37:10 pm
-
Will it never end? I mean, not only does this give Nice Pete a chance to catch up with Philippe, but that van's looking a little shaky. Having to right that thing with just a little otter mouth is going to be no small feat. And Philippe has some pretty small feet.
I bet Philippe misses the days when he could just hang out, standing (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=10012001) on drum machine instruction manuals.
Strip (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11212003).
-
Oh god!
Such a terribly terribly harrowing storyline!
The art continues to amaze me though. It's funny how the alt-text maintains the more traditional achewood mood even when the comics themselves do not.
-
If there's a second "Ka-Wump" then that suggests that the axel of the rear wheels was close enough to the ground to collide with Philippe's poor victim - so by that time the front wheels should have stabalised. I don't think there's much chance that the van will tumble.
That said - who knows how the physics of such an incident would play out when the only ballast in the van (other than it's own chassis) is an otter in a bumblebee suit?
Will the terror of this wild adventure ever end?
-
Ye gods. Hitting a full-grown deer with your car is usually almost as bad for the car as it is for the deer. If the van can keep going after that, without at least a busted windshield, then it's some sort of killer van from hell.
Which is not unreasonable, since it's Nice Pete's van.
-
poor philippe. he looks more scared than the deer.
-
Phillipe is probably going to pull over and have a good cry because he killed a deer. Poor little guy's been exposed to a lot of death recently (assuming the buck is dead, natch).
(New character if not?)
(Rumblestrip the Deer?)
-
I'm afraid the deer's rack will get caught in the van's undercarriage.
-
There is basically no way Philippe is not going to end up crying and crying and crying. Maybe that's how Ray'll find him.
Burning question of the day: was this a deer with a capacity for thought? Are we about to see a deer ambulance, all employing the principle of bounding instead of rolling?
-
(Rumblestrip the Deer?)
Joyous.
Superb!
-
Maybe the dear is a carboard cutout, like one of the kind that would be used in a hunting quick draw contest thing, or like the ones used in police training to get the cop to shoot at baddies and not at goodies. the Kawump was from the mechanism..?? Kawump.. reminds me of a game I used to play on my TI-994a called hunt the wumpus... damn that wumpus and the slime pits!!
-
Burning question of the day: was this a deer with a capacity for thought? Are we about to see a deer ambulance, all employing the principle of bounding instead of rolling?
This made me laugh out loud.
-
Rumblestrip and the bounding ambulance were so funny I almost forgot about how weird the permanent alt-text is.
This is what Philippe gets fro driving with no headlights on. I hope he's learned his lesson.
-
This is how I totaled my husband's car last year. Except I wasn't driving with my mouth, and my feet do reach the pedals. And I wasn't wearing a bumblebee suit and wingtips. And I was driving a Ford Tarus, not an Econoline van. And I was on a four-lane road with a median 3 miles from downtown, not a two-lane back road in Threadville. Also I am not a five year old otter.
But other than that it was exactly the same.
-
But other than that it was exactly the same.
That, added to Rumblestrip made my day!
Although, I mean, it shouldn't be amusing that both a deer, and a car died, but, well... you just have a way with words!
-
Man, I remember hitting a big doe once. At first I felt bad, not having killed anything bigger than a bug. Then I took a look at my car and started kicking the fuck out of it's corpse.
"YOU STUPID SHIT IT'S 5AM I'M THE ONLY CAR FOR 20 MILES AND IT'S A WEEK AFTER DEER SEASON"
P.S. By the time the game warden got there, someone stole the carcass.
-
P.S. By the time the game warden got there, someone stole the carcass.
Man, who the hell steals a deer carcass? Were you in Deliverance country or something?
-
You kiddin'? Cut out the bruised parts, and that's good eatin'.
What?
-
Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.
-
Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.
How long is this fuck*ng afterglow going to last, goddamnit!
Actually, no, it's a good thing.
We like nice, evil Jough. Not nice Jough though! That was perhaps the most surreal era of my life.
-
agreed
-
You kiddin'? Cut out the bruised parts, and that's good eatin'.
What?
I was always afraid the locals had the same attitude about car accidents involving humans.
-
Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.
No, honestly. A friend of mine used to do this. For reference, I was living in northern New Mexico at the time.
-
Even on the days where the strip's not funny I can always rely on you folk to make me laugh.
No, honestly. A friend of mine used to do this. For reference, I was living in northern New Mexico at the time.
Make you laugh? Huh?
-
How many teeth could Philippe have left after hitting a deer with the wheel in his mouth? Sounds like a bad deal all around.
My dad hit a deer once but it didn't die...it kind of limp-bounded away. But it broke the bumper and the impact caused it to take a huge dump, the remains of which were all over the front end.
A neither sad nor happy ending, I guess.
There are no deer on this Island. Hardly any woodland creatures at all - mice, rats, mongooses and wild pigs. That's everything that doesn't have wings here. (Besides feral cats and dogs).
It's weird.
-
A deer climbed out of your trunk and stepped on you then you killed it?
That is for real and for true the most disturbing story I have heard probably ever. Ye gods.
-
My dad hit a deer once but it didn't die...it kind of limp-bounded away. But it broke the bumper and the impact caused it to take a huge dump, the remains of which were all over the front end.
A neither sad nor happy ending, I guess.
Well, I laughed...
-
Reminds me of my early youth spent in Pennsyltucky where the schools close for the first day of deer season and the first day of doe.
I had a friend in HS who hit a deer on her way home from the courthouse getting her license. 3 minutes from receipt to 1st accident has to be some kind of record.
-
I've never hit one, but there are many, many around where I live. In fact, most evenings around dusk this time of year, if you go out my back door and look across the field you can see two or three grazing at the treeline on the far side.
Last winter I was driving home with my children. We were all crammed into the truck, which isn't much fun. A truck was stopped in the road ahead of us. Turned out to be my neighbor. I got out and to see what had happened and he had just hit a deer. One of it's back legs was badly broken and twisted at an unlikely angle. The truck's front end was bunged up pretty good, too.
I asked him if there was anything I could do and he said no, that he was just going to run down to his house to get his gun to euthanize the deer. We both drove off. I was about 1/2 mile from my house, his house was only about 1/4 mile away.
We heard the shot while we were unloading the groceries from the back of the truck. The carcass laid by the side of the road for a long time.
-
Phillipe is probably going to pull over and have a good cry because he killed a deer. Poor little guy's been exposed to a lot of death recently (assuming the buck is dead, natch).
(New character if not?)
(Rumblestrip the Deer?)
Deer gets killed and goes to heaven.
Beef gets distracted by tetris and gets shot by Pete.
OH NO MOLLY WHY ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME WITH THE DEER???
-
I can't be sure but it is possible that a large deer would fill out them Jumbo Wedding-Tackle Cozies better than beef....