The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jaydub on March 13, 2009, 09:43:27 pm

Title: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: jaydub on March 13, 2009, 09:43:27 pm
Who shares a can of macro swill with eyeless strangers?  Lyle of course (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03122009)!
Is she talking around a mouthful of beer?  What's with the weird lip contortions?
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on March 13, 2009, 09:45:11 pm
I think we either puked or fucked behind the beer tent.

Why either/or, Lyle?  Why not both?
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: jaydub on March 13, 2009, 09:47:56 pm
An alternative explanation for the lip weirdness would be behind-the-scenes meth mouth, but I don't recall hearing much about that in 1987.  People were still calling it crank as I recall.  Right demo though.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: wombat on March 13, 2009, 09:48:21 pm
Oh god, that - is she a woman? - is horrific. In that other thread where people were complaining about not seeing this comic yet, I almost told them they were better off. My stomach is queasy and my eyes are burning. I am not sure how much more Lyle backstory I can take.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 13, 2009, 10:11:25 pm
At a Priest show, you might run into a cannibal named Death Steve.

At a Cure show, you might run into a guy named Death Apple blowing a dude named Steve.

Call me nuts but the former is preferable to the latter.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: KeithHernandez on March 13, 2009, 10:16:06 pm
Oh god, that - is she a woman? - is horrific. In that other thread where people were complaining about not seeing this comic yet, I almost told them they were better off. My stomach is queasy and my eyes are burning. I am not sure how much more Lyle backstory I can take.

Yesh, you're right.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: iron_felix on March 13, 2009, 11:23:58 pm
An already entertaining arc is made truly awesome by the inevitable tragedy now looming over the horizon.  I can't wait to find out how this develops into this. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002)

I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: miles on March 13, 2009, 11:27:57 pm
Oh yeah! Well played, good man. This will be fun.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: CortJstr on March 14, 2009, 12:06:23 am
An already entertaining arc is made truly awesome by the inevitable tragedy now looming over the horizon.  I can't wait to find out how this develops into this. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06052002)

I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

Presumably it was her leaving him after Gator beat town (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01062009).
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: wombat on March 14, 2009, 12:06:59 am
I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

OMG, no. You are too modest, sir.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: Dangermoose on March 14, 2009, 04:54:17 am
I almost -- no, I do -- feel like a cock to pipe up with "it's not 'a Jumbo Hole' it's 'some Jumbo Hole."  But there's an essential difference.

I am happy that Stad had the game to tie this in with still wearing a hat for her.  That is precision.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: herofix on March 14, 2009, 02:04:13 pm
I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

Somebody mentioned this on January the 6th, but I can't for the life of me remember who it might have been.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: Toaster on March 14, 2009, 10:25:24 pm
I totally missed the hat thing.
Title: Re: Shall I Compare Thee To A Jumbo Hole? - March 13th 2009
Post by: iron_felix on March 14, 2009, 10:40:18 pm
I'm assuming everyone else already made that connection and just didn't bother to post the link.

Somebody mentioned this on January the 6th, but I can't for the life of me remember who it might have been.
P.S. Darlene? (  <---credit to some person on Assetbar).

...I guess we'll never find out who it was, then.
P.S. You get a can from me anyway.


Also, from the same thread:
argh!  cameltoe!
You know, just in case Keith and Wombat weren't disgusted enough already.