The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: pmcd9 on March 15, 2009, 07:33:39 pm

Title: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: pmcd9 on March 15, 2009, 07:33:39 pm
You told me not to say Happy Birthday on on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/misterqueue/3356623891/), but you didn't say anything about over here.

Happy birthday you bitchy bitch bitch bitch man.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: littlefallsmets on March 15, 2009, 07:38:49 pm
If only this were a theme restaurant and we had to write an awkward non-happy-birthday happy birthday song.

Happy happy QQ.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: wombat on March 15, 2009, 07:55:10 pm
I was going to say I still missed you Q, but now I realize I like the whole nostalgia for the disappeared Q thing. Anyone can actually post here, but only you can give us that.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Doc on March 15, 2009, 11:33:16 pm
I still want to see the paper he wrote as a result of the great social experiment that was his time on this board.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 10:22:55 am
I still want to see the paper he wrote as a result of the great social experiment that was his time on this board.

A paper? You can sum it up in a twenty second doodle. (http://chiaroscu.ro/touamb.jpg)
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Ruta Bagas on March 19, 2009, 12:51:03 pm
I'd can you for that but I don't want your Dr Pepper collection to reach critical mass.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2009, 12:59:16 pm
Paul as a walrus is pretty great. I'm blanking on sad Batman guy. And what about Zartan?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2009, 01:00:57 pm
I'd can you for that but I don't want your Dr Pepper collection to reach critical mass.

Frustrating, isn't it? Maybe Bobby should be special - when he's good we take away cans.

Cort! Sad Batman is the one who used to live on the upper West Side of NY. Does that help?

Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Doc on March 19, 2009, 01:09:16 pm
I would say there should be Hobot referencing. It says something about this board that we idolise the well written posters rather than the cute female ones. I feel like A-Dawg should be in there too somewhere, possibly
'A-Dawg: Really likes Jesus.'
'JL: Really likes Jesus, but sexily.'

Or at least a decent hawaiin shirt.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 01:17:20 pm
people i spent twenty seconds on this and would feel sad if i had to go back and amend or emend it but feel free to draw your own and put them in THIS HERE THREAD
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2009, 01:40:30 pm
Frustrating, isn't it? Maybe Bobby should be special - when he's good we take away cans.

Cort! Sad Batman is the one who used to live on the upper West Side of NY. Does that help?

Ah. I forgot what his avatar was.

And Bobby, it wouldn't be us if we didn't immediately criticize something somebody else put online for free.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Doc on March 19, 2009, 01:48:46 pm
Yeah I mean I hardly can be expected to care enough to DO something. I'ma just sit here and 'critique'.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2009, 03:18:17 pm
And as is typical, wombat is perfectly happy with her free entertainment and has already printed it out and posted it on the wall.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 03:26:44 pm
And as is typical, wombat is perfectly happy with her free entertainment and has already printed it out and posted it on the wall.

I can give you the original if you can venture out sometime this weekend.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2009, 03:59:41 pm
Bobby, aren't you feeling a craving for some Burmese food? I know a place.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 04:06:37 pm
Bobby, aren't you feeling a craving for some Burmese food? I know a place.

Let me run that by the ball and chain tonight - I'll send you one of those newfangled electronic mails.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2009, 04:13:37 pm
Last time I went to a burmese place (Myanmar in Falls Church) they wouldn't let me order what I wanted. Apparently they thought it would because they thought it would be too spicy for a honky like me. So later I ordered it as take-out over the phone.

It was way the hell too spicy.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 04:22:19 pm
Last time I went to a burmese place (Myanmar in Falls Church) they wouldn't let me order what I wanted. Apparently they thought it would because they thought it would be too spicy for a honky like me. So later I ordered it as take-out over the phone.

It was way the hell too spicy.

I live a mile from Myanmar. They've never given me that problem before. I am darker than you.
What did you order?
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2009, 04:46:08 pm
I live a mile from Myanmar. They've never given me that problem before. I am darker than you.
What did you order?


Chili Chicken, I think. The woman didn't flat out say "no" she just said I shouldn't order it because it's way too spicy. She said I should try something else first. So I got the ruby chicken. But when I did get the chili chicken next time it took me 2 portions of rice and a whole parantha to actually eat it all. I was glad I was at home where the waitress couldn't see me.

Something similar happened to me at Banjara out in Ashburn. The menu listed "Lamb Banjara" but had no description. So I asked what it was and the waiter said, "you don't want that. Only Indian people order that."
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2009, 04:55:51 pm
So I asked what it was and the waiter said, "you don't want that. Only Indian people order that."

Did you have it anyway? Because that is the best way to make me absolutely HAVE to order something.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: jay-ell on March 19, 2009, 05:24:59 pm
I would say there should be Hobot referencing. It says something about this board that we idolise the well written posters rather than the cute female ones. I feel like A-Dawg should be in there too somewhere, possibly
'A-Dawg: Really likes Jesus.'
'JL: Really likes Jesus, but sexily.'

Or at least a decent hawaiin shirt.

I'm thinking Bobby showed considerable maturity and restraint when he decided not to include me.  Probably for the best. 
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 06:13:23 pm
I'm thinking Bobby showed considerable maturity and restraint when he decided not to include me.  Probably for the best. 

I actually

a) forgot about you
b) don't know anything of note about you anyway

Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on March 19, 2009, 06:14:55 pm
Did you have it anyway? Because that is the best way to make me absolutely HAVE to order something.

Or have a native girlfriend who eats spoonfuls of balachaung and dares you to do so.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: CortJstr on March 19, 2009, 06:59:00 pm
Did you have it anyway? Because that is the best way to make me absolutely HAVE to order something.

It was the 2nd time I'd ever eaten Indian food (and the 1st non-buffet), so I got something else.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Victoria Waterfield on March 19, 2009, 07:23:48 pm
Finally, it's the avatar I've been looking for!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Doc on March 19, 2009, 11:05:21 pm
I... I love you guys.

You should all know how incredibly lucky you are that 'hey internet person, want to go get burmese' is an option.
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: wombat on March 19, 2009, 11:30:39 pm
Awwwwww.  Poor Doc. But, hey, you could have dinner with a real wombat!
Title: Re: Happy Birthday MisterQueue
Post by: Doc on March 20, 2009, 12:13:00 am
Eh it's alright, me and Judy and Smells can team up and have a commonwealth party sometime. Until then the isolated hermit schtick kind of works for me.

Real wombats have terrible table manners though, they always make some snide complaint but still ask for seconds even when no one else is.