The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Doc on April 05, 2009, 12:28:51 am
-
My friends and I are planning a trip to china at the end of the year and we're trying to sort out an itinary. We're looking at spending 2-3 weeks there, but all our ideas about china are kind of hazy so I was wondering if any of you have been and if there's anything worth seeing that we might not know about? At the moment our list is of potential destinations is fairly generic touristy stuff, teracotta warriors, tiananmen square, great wall etc. Also shanghai because apparently it's an awesome city.
So, can any of you bring the education?
-
my roommate is in China-- his blog is chumiyuan.blogspot.com
I would recommend, if you want, reading his first few posts... at that point he was in Beijing and then out at the emperor's summer residence and stuff.
since then he's been in Kunming, which is not really a big tourist attraction.
-
I can't think of a more ideal roommate than someone who is in China instead of actually in the room.
-
oh, but he was replaced by an asshole. a weird asshole who makes sexist jokes to girls I bring over.
I just still consider him my roommate, because I am living with him next year I guess?
-
He rooms on in your heart.
Thanks for the link though Inev, exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.
-
I must warn you, though: he is a big nerd. A big nerdy nerd.
Who speaks Chinese.
-
Hehe yeah I got that impression, any ideas are good ideas though. All the people going will be big nerds and at least one of them speaks chinese. So it might be comparable.