The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Cap'n Squeakers on April 08, 2009, 09:53:50 pm
-
A hark back to Achewood of yore, with Roast Beef sockpuppeting Onstad's hatred of bed and breakfasts (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04082009). And who can call him a liar? No-one, that's who.
I wanted to name this thread "All no man in the world understanding the appeal of anything that is happening," but it is too long. Beef is a wordy man sometimes.
-
Maybe Molly would like to sleep on a mattress on the floor next to a lamp on a box for once?
Beef in a furniture store or a Pier 1 or something is an entertaining idea to me.
-
Doesn't he realize that moving to Oregon automatically entails future Bed&Breakfast ownership? Didn't anyone show him the Brochure?
-
Do you all think Molly still has her accent? (From Wales.) I think she does.
-
ALT tag was genius.
-
Something about "large old house with rose images on all of the cloth and walls" captures Beef so perfectly. Such an awkward, yet somehow eloquent, way to describe tacky decorating.
-
Maybe Molly would like to sleep on a mattress on the floor next to a lamp on a box for once?
Beef in a furniture store or a Pier 1 or something is an entertaining idea to me.
This is A Boring Place!
-
I just like how she never actually said anything about a bed and breakfast.
In the next panel, she could well just ask for an odd flavour of Godiva chocolates or oral sex with no reciprocation or something completely unrelated.
And then all of Beef's worries are doubly for naught, which is even better.
-
oral sex with no reciprocation
Man, if beef isn't' into giving oral sex just for the hell of it, we are not as similar as I often think.
for the better.
-
This is a good thing Inev. A GOOD THING.
I imagine Beef would get crazy hung up thinking about candidiasis and gingivitis and such.
Edit: Or the reverse, he'd spend half an hour cleaning his teeth beforehand because he'd be worried his mouth was not clean enough to give his lady oral sex and then she'd get an infection and dump him but she'd never be able to find happiness with another man because of her horribly disfiguring thrush and it would be on him man, ON HIM!
-
Idle speculation: Onstad just stayed in Ashland, Oregon. Has its share of Boring Places.
-
That lump in front of Molly's crotch in panels 1 and 3 always disturbs me.
Also: I can't imagine anything as awkward as a meal at a bed & breakfast. It's all the unease and intrusion of being a guest in someone else's house but without the advantage of actually being friends with them. Plus you're paying them and you can see they need the money. Shivers.
-
That lump in front of Molly's crotch in panels 1 and 3 always disturbs me.
Also: I can't imagine anything as awkward as a meal at a bed & breakfast. It's all the unease and intrusion of being a guest in someone else's house but without the advantage of actually being friends with them. Plus you're paying them and you can see they need the money. Shivers.
It's just a knee, but the positioning is a little odd.
Maybe this is a flashback and Molly's question here is how she ends up wearing the fake human ears.
-
I stayed in an amazing B&B the other week. They brought you breakfast in bed if you asked for it and there was a chaise longue in the bathroom.
-
Dammit, Achewood, every time I'm all ready to drop you like a bad habit you've gotta go make me love you again, even though I know it won't last.
Why you gotta do this.