The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: ananke on April 09, 2009, 07:07:25 pm

Title: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: ananke on April 09, 2009, 07:07:25 pm
Link (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04092009).

I like this one just because I always enjoy Ray's stoned notions.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: AugustWest on April 09, 2009, 07:08:42 pm
There must be something in the air in Oregon which makes Onstad hell of prolific.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on April 09, 2009, 07:13:12 pm
What's the tune of the bad cookies song?  The Doors' "Whiskey Bar" fits pretty well.

Such warning labels are awesome, because you know they were put on there because of an actual stupid thing some dumbass did.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 09, 2009, 07:17:15 pm
There must be something in the air in Oregon which makes Onstad hell of prolific.

Food chain! Get used to it!


This must be his hotel backlog.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Toaster on April 09, 2009, 07:17:47 pm
Yeah, this is a good new trend for him.

I totally did not get until now that Ray was stoned. I thought that the things under his eyes were because he was sad about the culture we live in, which is letigious, reactionary, and fearmongering. I... guess I was projecting my own beliefs onto him.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: CortJstr on April 09, 2009, 07:18:20 pm
Hidden panel 8 1/2: I shouldn't have yelled at it. That was uncalled for (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01312007).

Toaster, I assumed he was just tired as many people take their trash out way early in the morning.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on April 09, 2009, 07:19:34 pm
FYI, Fresh Public Whine is my new term for people complaining when Onstad doesn't post in a month because he had to navel gaze or something.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: wombat on April 09, 2009, 07:27:25 pm
I don't think he has to be stoned to have these notions. I have always thought that these kinds of elaborate warnings are a bad idea because they surely give people notions that they would never have thought of otherwise. Who could read that sign and not think, "Oh come on, how could you kill someone with a trash - hey, wait a minute...."
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: dejavroom on April 09, 2009, 07:28:41 pm
ALT tag is genius yet again. It is a nice notion to daydream about, but unfortunately, the idiots/bums/alcoholics would ruin it for everyone.

Sigh.

Damn did this put me in the mood for wine. Tomorrow is work holiday, Passion Friday. Which means someone will get conked on wine today, and it will be me. I don't even know if "conked" is germane to what I mean, but whatever.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: lprkn on April 09, 2009, 08:28:29 pm
I want Passion Friday off. I will call it "Sleep Friday."
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Dangermoose on April 09, 2009, 11:00:04 pm
Hey! Do any of those kids in panel 6 have curiosity about... where the crap Little Nephew went?!
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 09, 2009, 11:01:55 pm
Mos Nef was... kind of a supreme douche.

When something like that is outta your life, you don't tempt the fates by asking questions.

Sometimes asking questions about something awful that's gone can accidentally set the wheels in motion of getting it back
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Dangermoose on April 09, 2009, 11:28:26 pm
Mos Nef was... kind of a supreme douche.

When something like that is outta your life, you don't tempt the fates by asking questions.

Sometimes asking questions about something awful that's gone can accidentally set the wheels in motion of getting it back

But I think those kids are his friends. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01142002)
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: miles on April 09, 2009, 11:40:26 pm
Damn it's like he took the image and tilted the heads upward a bit. Good catch.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: jaydub on April 10, 2009, 12:38:46 am
I wonder what happened between January 11th and January 14th, 2002 that made Onstad decide Ray would wear a thong.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Toaster on April 10, 2009, 12:56:17 am
I wonder what happened between January 11th and January 14th, 2002 that made Onstad decide Ray would wear a thong.

That's all covered in the 200-page fanfiction epic I wrote.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: lprkn on April 10, 2009, 01:33:30 am
I wonder what happened between January 11th and January 14th, 2002 that made Onstad decide Ray would wear a thong.

Google (http://news.google.com/archivesearch?as_q=thong&num=10&hl=en&btnG=Search+Archives&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&ned=us&as_user_ldate=01%2F11%2F02&as_user_hdate=01%2F14%2F02&lr=&as_src=&as_price=p0&as_scoring=) had nothing.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Doc on April 10, 2009, 02:08:51 am
Damn it's like he took the image and tilted the heads upward a bit. Good catch.

Come to that, I always thought that was meant to be little nephew with the backpack? Has someone else take his place in the achewood schoolyard hierachy?
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: littlefallsmets on April 10, 2009, 02:46:29 am
Superboy punched a wall and... bam. Thong.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: theinevitable on April 10, 2009, 06:41:49 am
I like little nephew.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: ananke on April 10, 2009, 07:19:53 am
Yeah, this is a good new trend for him.

I totally did not get until now that Ray was stoned. I thought that the things under his eyes were because he was sad about the culture we live in, which is letigious, reactionary, and fearmongering. I... guess I was projecting my own beliefs onto him.

There're more lines, but I'm pretty sure that's how Onstad draws Ray stoned. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04262007) It's debatable though. Also, does anyone have any concrete ideas about what's going on in panel 7? I really can't damn tell.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 10, 2009, 01:36:28 pm
Ray dispatches a garbage can much the way he kills a cow -- sideways and with a certain amount of vocalized guilt.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: Toaster on April 10, 2009, 03:35:40 pm
Also, does anyone have any concrete ideas about what's going on in panel 7? I really can't damn tell.

I believe he baked the cookies in the confines of the trash can, which is why they smell so bad.
Title: Re: 9 April 2009 - THIS AIN'T PERSONAL!
Post by: dejavroom on April 11, 2009, 02:06:48 pm
What's the tune of the bad cookies song?  The Doors' "Whiskey Bar" fits pretty well.

Moby's "Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad" almost does it:

"Who wants to know/(whymycookies)/ Taste so bad..."


Sorry for bringing up Moby.