The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Leon on April 13, 2009, 05:32:39 pm

Title: How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio
Post by: Leon on April 13, 2009, 05:32:39 pm
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/graphics/011109_hacking_your_brain/

Ok, who wants to try these?

Report results here.

 Im doing the static one tonight, will report back.
Title: Re: How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio
Post by: CortJstr on April 13, 2009, 06:24:15 pm
I've always thought those goggles that help you have lucid dreams were cool, but I've never actually attempted making or using them.
Title: Re: How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio
Post by: miles on April 13, 2009, 11:45:58 pm
Im doing the static one tonight, will report back.

I would be severely disappointed if all I saw was an image of "hosss prancing in the clouds." Your report better be good, or I'm not wasting my money on ping-pong balls.
Title: Re: How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio
Post by: lprkn on April 14, 2009, 12:11:24 am
I have heard about this, but never have had the time lack of laziness to actually try it.

Looking forward to your results!
Title: Re: How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio
Post by: wombat on April 14, 2009, 12:52:33 am
I always have white noise on and something covering my eyes when I'm trying to fall asleep and I have never had hallucinations.
Title: Re: How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio
Post by: Lister on April 14, 2009, 05:15:29 am
I always have white noise on and something covering my eyes when I'm trying to fall asleep and I have never had hallucinations.

I have, but I call them dreams.
Title: Re: How to hallucinate with ping-pong balls and a radio
Post by: Leon on April 14, 2009, 08:32:29 am
okay

so

no visual hallucinations

but I heard a tune in the static...the same part would repeat each time, and every few times a bit would be added to the end.

Ok, so a lot of trouble just to hear some made up music.