The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: JorgeFabregas on April 20, 2009, 01:00:11 am

Title: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: JorgeFabregas on April 20, 2009, 01:00:11 am
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123992364819927171.html
Title: Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: Hobo Joe on April 20, 2009, 02:49:50 am
Where's the Achewood reference?
Title: Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: pmcd9 on April 20, 2009, 03:02:48 am
The Disease is Inside of You!

Hobo Joe, read again.
Title: Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: AugustWest on April 20, 2009, 04:18:27 am
To his credit, the designer seems to have a sense of humor about it.  He does not seem to want to taste the curb.
Title: Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: Hobo Joe on April 20, 2009, 03:05:44 pm
"An online comic strip shows a gang kicking and swearing at Mr. Connare"

I read it four times before I caught that.
Title: Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: lprkn on April 20, 2009, 05:58:15 pm
"Comic Sans walks into a bar, bartender says, 'We don't serve your type." - heehee
Title: Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: Toaster on April 20, 2009, 06:45:52 pm
"Comic Sans walks into a bar, bartender says, 'We don't serve your type."

I'm using that joke to break the ice if I ever meet a group of standoff-ish creative design people.
Title: Re: WSJ post about Comic Sans with an Achewood reference
Post by: Harlock Hero on April 22, 2009, 05:48:10 am
Hobo Joe, are you from Arkansas?

I lived in Arkansas for one year and there was a "shaved ice" stand called Hobo Joe's where we all went on a field trip ((i.e. - we walked down the sidewalk to get there)) in fourth grade. The teacher made me get sugar-free banana for some reason.

Please tell me that you are the 90 year old owner of that shaved ice stand. I want to try the blueberry.