The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: gnpaaron on November 24, 2003, 01:48:17 am

Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: gnpaaron on November 24, 2003, 01:48:17 am
HOO DUNNIT? My guess is Nightlife Mingus (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06202003)!!!

(in the kitchen, with the spanner)
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Noah on November 24, 2003, 01:51:55 am
It's Nice Pete! And there's no way he shot Philippe. That's just wrong. I bet he just euthanized that poor dear.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: slink on November 24, 2003, 01:53:03 am
Well, at least we know it was just Pete shooting the deer.
Right?
Yea?
Phew.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: andalucia on November 24, 2003, 02:25:52 am
As a twist, it's kinda disappointing, but oh god I hope you are right.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: slink on November 24, 2003, 02:39:04 am
I think, if it does turn out to not be quite a twist, I won't consider it as one, and thus a disappointing one. It would just be a story that had a natural break there.
Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much, but hey, we' all already proved that's what we' here to do!
But yea, the silhouette just looks like Nice Pete to me. And it would make sense in a movie fashion to play it out like that.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Mite on November 24, 2003, 03:21:59 am
I know I've seen this before (person thinks they're about to get shot, somebody behind them bites it instead), but I can't remember where. It seems like such a cliché, but I can't come up with any instances right now. Anybody? Dammit, this is gonna bug me all night.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 24, 2003, 03:44:33 am
Can't be Nice Pete.  How would he have caught up to Philippe so quickly?  Weren't no other vehicle at the Super-Secret Ice Cream Shop (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11172003).

Nightlife might be a good guess.  Or maybe Pat wearing his porkpie hat.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: slink on November 24, 2003, 03:53:59 am
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"


Nightlife might be a good guess.  Or maybe Pat wearing his porkpie hat.


But you can see Pete's little ears sticking up through his hair. Turn the brightness up a little and you'll see!
(I hasten to add I'm not the sort of person who desecrates art by doing this, but it was turned up from playing a game when I logged on.)

Plus, I don't think Pat, since Arthur would be yelling about beaches, and he would be holding Tiny, which wouldn't look anything like that muzzle, which is, if anything, far more Desert Eagle shaped, and thus makes me wonder if it's really Agent Smith!

(It's a little too angled at the top to be a IMI DE but I can't think of anything else like it.)
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: jough on November 24, 2003, 04:25:32 am
It's obviously Nice Pete.

He probably shot the deer.

We don't know how long Philippe had been driving before he hit the deer, or how long he was stopped.  So NP *could* have caught up with him.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 24, 2003, 04:55:50 am
I do like the idea that maybe the silhouette could be someone else besides Nice Pete, though. Certainly we are led to believe Nice Pete just shot the deer. It wouldn't be a twist if he did, though. Maybe Pete offed himself out of guilty shame. Or he was about to shoot the deer and got offed himself by someone thinking he was about to shoot Phillippe....

What a great picture! Take the scene from Pulp Fiction where Samuel L and John T have to deal with the body and mess in the back of the car and drop in Ray and Beef....

Instead of Quentin Tarantino's house they go to Pat's!  That would be hilarious!
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: AugustWest on November 24, 2003, 04:56:41 am
Two things:

1.  Hi Chris!

B.  My initial reaction is to vote for Nice Pete shooting the deer.  It just makes sense.  The deer needed to be shot -- it was a kindness to shoot it and as a West Virginia boy, Nice Pete would understand that.

Also, as far as I know, there are only two people with guns around.  Nice Pete and Ray with Tic-Tac.  That sillhouette didn't look like Ray.  It looked like Nice Pete.

Finally, I don't believe that Nice Pete wanted to kill Phillippe.  He really was taking him to the Super Secret Ice Cream Parlor, which turned out to be very weird in an Adaams Family kind of way and freaked Phillippe out.  From what we know about Nice Pete, he kills people who (at least from his perspective) deserve it.  Phillippe had done nothing wrong, so Phillippe didn't want to kill him.

Of course, now Phillippe has stolen his van.  Perhaps this changes things....
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: slink on November 24, 2003, 05:03:55 am
Of course, yes, there is the possibility, like used in endless films, that the guy holding the gun you expect to shoot someone, gets shot!
Could it be Pat - will he go to jail again because of it.
Could it be Ray - little Tiny got an outing.
Could it be Beef - and he'll feel guilty and take his own life to go see Molly and let her console him.

Was it Todd?
Dun Dun Duuuuuunnnnn!
*crack of lightning*
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: V-Adore on November 24, 2003, 05:43:51 am
Quote from: "slink"
Could it be Ray - little Tiny got an outing.

I don't think Ray would soil Tic-Tac with deer blood. Honestly, Tic-Tac appears mostly to be an ornamental gun -- notice Ray's deep apathy about the whole subject in the Ray's Advice "gun guy" bits.

This is obviously Nice Pete shooting the deer. Which means it's probably not.
Title: you are all wrong
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on November 24, 2003, 05:48:07 am
Check out the silhouette. That's a policeman's hat.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Noah on November 24, 2003, 06:25:17 am
Yes, Mite, this is very familiar to me, too. I'm trying to recall where I recognize it from...Lost Boys, maybe?
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Choop on November 24, 2003, 06:26:58 am
I can make two assumptions based solely on this thread:

1. "Gun Guy" == Slink.

2. "Bobby Isosceles" == don't know whut he talkin' bout.

That ain't no police hat silhouette. That's Nice Pete, through and through.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: starlight on November 24, 2003, 11:36:48 am
Definitely Nice Pete though I did get this thrilling thought that perhaps it could be someone pretending to be Nice Pete, but that would be too complex.

I just hope Philippe doesn't get hurt.  that's all I care about.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: CortJstr on November 24, 2003, 07:00:43 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Of course, yes, there is the possibility, like used in endless films, that the guy holding the gun you expect to shoot someone, gets shot!
Could it be Pat - will he go to jail again because of it.
Could it be Ray - little Tiny got an outing.
Could it be Beef - and he'll feel guilty and take his own life to go see Molly and let her console him.


That doesn't look like Tic-Tac. "I call her Tic Tac (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=07232003&allnav=) because she is so small and cute. She is a vintage Victorian ladies’ pistol, the kind prostitutes would carry to protect themselves."

As for Beef: YOU CANNOT KILL YOURSELF THOUGH YOU HAVE TO DIE FOR REAL (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12242001)
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: slink on November 24, 2003, 08:33:31 pm
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
I can make two assumptions based solely on this thread:

1. "Gun Guy" == Slink.


I must say, I am so not a gun guy. I hate guns really. I would be stupidly glad if all guns were banned and no one ever got to get their hands on one ever again, but I do know a moderate amount about them from my old roleplaying days, when I used to mainly play Cyberpunk, and had a book on arms to work out damage points for guns people might choose, and from various computer games (Counter Strike was a bad one for teaching many more guns).
So please don't think I'm one of those guys who wrote into Ray about them!

Oh and yes. Tic-Tac, that was it. Doh!
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: jough on November 24, 2003, 08:43:30 pm
I love guns.  I think everyone should own a gun.  Even babies.

If Jesus were still alive I would totally shoot him with my gun.  I can only lament that Mother Theresa died before she could meet the business end of my cold pressed steel.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: palm trees on November 25, 2003, 12:50:49 am
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I do like the idea that maybe the silhouette could be someone else besides Nice Pete


oh my god... i was reading this strip on a crappy monitor and TOTALLY couldn't see the silhouette.
god, i fell such a fool. unless onstad added it in later, which i doubt he did.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on November 25, 2003, 01:00:01 am
Philippe: Where- where am I?

Mollie: Hello. You must be Philippe. Welcome to heaven.

PinkStainlessTail: Hi Philippe. I think self-insertions are very important when writing fan fiction.

Philippe: Oh, okay. Is Jesus here?

Jesus: Hi Philippe. Wanna go ride dirt bikes?
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: andalucia on November 25, 2003, 01:04:57 am
So people seem to be implying that Molly is some sort of two-bit heaven-hussy, having her way with any and all dead cartoon animals... discuss.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: V-Adore on November 25, 2003, 01:06:34 am
Quote from: "andalucia"
So people seem to be implying that Molly is some sort of two-bit heaven-hussy, having her way with any and all dead cartoon animals... discuss.

It's the giant condoms. That, and she did go to one of Blister's parties...
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: jough on November 25, 2003, 01:11:18 am
Oh, man, now I totally want to ride dirt bikes with Jesus.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: CortJstr on November 25, 2003, 01:57:18 am
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "andalucia"
So people seem to be implying that Molly is some sort of two-bit heaven-hussy, having her way with any and all dead cartoon animals... discuss.

It's the giant condoms. That, and she did go to one of Blister's parties...


Molly seemed pretty out of place. She probably went with a friend.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: AugustWest on November 25, 2003, 02:16:56 am
Since nobody else seems inclined to do it --

Props to Asherdan for the Heston/Alzheimer's joke.


SAL-LOOT!!!
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: V-Adore on November 25, 2003, 03:12:10 am
The optimum joke would be some kind of combination of the "riding dirt bikes with Jesus" and "Charlton Heston has Alzheimer's" memes. I am not entirely sure if this is possible.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Choop on November 25, 2003, 03:29:59 am
Charlton: Say, Jesus, how come we've never ridden dirt bikes together before? C'mon, my treat.

Jesus: We did that yesterday, Chuck.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Mantonio on November 25, 2003, 04:13:36 am
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"
Philippe: Where- where am I?

Mollie: Hello. You must be Philippe. Welcome to heaven.

PinkStainlessTail: Hi Philippe. I think self-insertions are very important when writing fan fiction.

Philippe: Oh, okay. Is Jesus here?

Jesus: Hi Philippe. Wanna go ride dirt bikes?


Nah, this sort of exchange would only take place in Philippe's imagination after Blister greets him in heaven and tells him Philippe he's about to meet someone famous.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: V-Adore on November 25, 2003, 04:20:45 am
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Charlton: Say, Jesus, how come we've never ridden dirt bikes together before? C'mon, my treat.

Jesus: We did that yesterday, Chuck.

Excellent, but points taken off for not involving a self-insertion.
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: AlohaDawg on November 25, 2003, 04:21:51 am
Yeah Choop! do a self insertion! And post pictures!
Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: slink on November 25, 2003, 07:26:03 am
*rolls around on the floor in a heap*

Oh wow. This is the best thread yet!
I'm loving this. From riding dirt bikes with Jesus onwards. I don't want to break it up now. Ignore this and get on with it. I'm too tired to join in at the moment!

Title: Nov 24 - Click!
Post by: Ben-San on November 27, 2003, 09:22:01 am
Quote from: "CortJstr"


That doesn't look like Tic-Tac. "I call her Tic Tac (http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=07232003&allnav=) because she is so small and cute. She is a vintage Victorian ladies’ pistol, the kind prostitutes would carry to protect themselves."


Whatever Ray's feelings about his gun, Tic-Tac looks pretty much like she always has (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03042003) in that shot. We didn't see her very clearly the first time, though.