The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: Golfhaus on April 25, 2009, 09:22:23 pm
-
She had cancer, and was 86.
People older than me knew her from Maude. I knew her from my mom loving The Golden Girls. My favorite memory was one of those comics who lives in a hole and then comes out once a year for celebrity roasts telling some chick that "I wouldn't fuck you with Bea Arthur's dick!" while she was sitting on the stage. This was in the early days of roasts being on TV, when the brashness of the form was still surprising and new.
-
Goodnight funnylady. Maude was a pretty good show -- she was like Bizzaro Archie Bunker.
Sounds like she lived a long and fruitful life, which is all any of us can ask.
-
She certainly entertained me through her television work and... certainly had a good sense of humour about herself, it seemed.
Rad entertainer, sleep well.
-
Man, that is crazy. For some reason, I thought she was older than 86. Very sad news.
-
Goodbye, Bea, I'll never forget you, and that one torrid night of passion we shared in a back room of a seedy dive bar in Branson, Missouri.
As I traced our initials in your loose, supple, wrinkled, flaccid skin, I wondered if we would last ... forever.
I guess forever is just the moments we take with us.
God keep you on your journey to the other side, and thanks for the reach-around.
-
Bobby gets a can and loses a can.
-
I've been to Branson, MO.
I didn't see any seedy dive bars, and I was sure as shit looking.