The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Bobby Isosceles on May 01, 2009, 10:40:07 am
-
Link (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=04302009)
Historically inaccurate, as plumbing (yes, and forks, despite what they say about them being invented in the 1500's) were used by the Romans before entering a level of decline. Then again, talking cats who travel back in time upon being shot at 21st century weddings aren't accurate either!
Notes:
- LN has made what appears to be a ghetto version of the Space Toilet
- use of word bodankey
- the exotic Nacho
-
Just wait until Cwynn sees a bra in red. He'll shit his ##### with excitement.
-
In Welsh Heaven, there are lightning-boxes and video-games but no toilets.
-
"once-toom?"
-
Not if he has also bought that exciting and pleasing new excreta removing device, the toilet.
Seems like a perfect segue into a story. When I was in Central Asia, I noticed two types of toilet. The sit down type and the squat type.
While I have no real opposition to squatting as a form of crapping (better for your system, I'm told; also good for giving birth*), I was a little confused. Namely, I figured the sequence of events would go as follows:
- Drop trousers and such around ankles
- Squat
- Crap directly onto your trousers and such around your ankles
This was based on my understanding of squatting as Westerners do it. A family member, who is from the general region and has had a passing familiarity with squatting to deuce, informed me that the squatting involved having the ass hanging back a good distance from the squatting ankles, thus freeing your ankled-trousers from any trouble. I suppose this is a variant on the so-called Asian Squat, which I have trouble with, so I ended up using the Western-style toilets.
They were quite functional, but it lead to a chain of events where in the end (ha!) I scientifically proved that American steel wool is softer than former Soviet toilet paper.
* it would be great if the French referred to crapping as le petit labeur
-
Historically inaccurate, as plumbing (yes, and forks, despite what they say about them being invented in the 1500's) were used by the Romans before entering a level of decline.
Toilets were around well before the Romans. Basic hole-in-the-ground toilets have existed for five thousand years. The first flushing mechanism dates back to Minoan Crete (which also had hot and cold running water), but the technology vanished along with the rest of their civilization. Makes for a rather interesting take on the demise of fair Atlantis.
-
This one is named Bodankey, apparently:
(http://nancynall.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bodankey.jpg)
I can offer no further information on the subject.
-
Seems like a perfect segue into a story. When I was in Central Asia, I noticed two types of toilet. The sit down type and the squat type.
You would have benefited from this book right here (http://www.amazon.com/Going-Abroad-Bathroom-Survival-Guide/dp/1892147033).
-
Our boy Charley invented toilet paper too apparently.
-
Well, you'd pretty much have to, considering the alternative (http://www.poopreport.com/Techniques/Content/Wiping/wipingbc.html).
Note about the link: I am glad that people exist who are willing to try things, and tell me about the things that they try.
-
yet again bobby loses a can for the blind dumb pun
yet again bobby gains a can for a pure beautiful witticism
yet again bobby breaks even in cans
yet again bobby's can balance shows off jough's shenanigans
yet again bobby's can count far surpasses mine
-
Our boy Charley invented toilet paper too apparently.
Not so. What you see in panels 8 and 10 is a roll of gwaelodsych (literally, arse-dryer), a specialized sort of vellum, which was introduced to Wales by Norman invaders around 1100 CE. Made from the hides of stillborn foals and prized more for its durability than for its softness, gwaelodsych was never discarded; instead, it was traditionally passed down from generation to generation, each new household giving it only a cursory rinsing before pressing it back into service.
-
yet again bobby gains a can for a pure beautiful witticism
Nothing much to it, considering that what makes petit mort special is that there isn't such a thing as a "little death"; there's only death - that's why it's poetic. However, there are small labors, etc. (It's Monday, and if there's a day in the week where I am entitled to some retentiveness, it's today)
-
/me crosses his arms and shakes his bowed head at dejavroom slowly in disappointment