The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on May 13, 2009, 07:54:52 pm

Title: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on May 13, 2009, 07:54:52 pm
It's good to see that marriage is eternally the same. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05132009)  I'll be in the can with my almanack.
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on May 13, 2009, 08:09:58 pm
It's good to see that marriage is eternally the same. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05132009)  I'll be in the can with my almanack.

And now that there's TP you can use the almanack for actual reading.
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: wombat on May 13, 2009, 08:47:41 pm
I like the dead Welsh characters better when they are not talking about rapping.
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: smick on May 13, 2009, 08:51:42 pm
It's similar to Mary Worth...
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on May 13, 2009, 08:52:12 pm
My mom and I were just discussing how much it bugs us when adults call each other some variation of mom or dad in front of their kids. It's one thing to say, "your dad will be home late" but it's just really grating to hear "dad, pass the salt."
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: theinevitable on May 13, 2009, 09:06:00 pm
yeah, that has always grossed me out a little bit.
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: oball on May 14, 2009, 01:20:23 am
Grosser still if you overheard them saying it while bonin'.
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on May 14, 2009, 02:39:28 am
Grosser still if you overheard them saying it while bonin'.

Heh heh.  You don't like it when I talk about my bonin', do you? (http://)
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 14, 2009, 04:38:36 am
So there are definitely heavens for different time periods.

Rad.
Title: Re: Father! A Lady's Comforts! ... 13th of May, 2009
Post by: herofix on May 14, 2009, 06:16:22 am
Here in the darkest recesses of north east Scotland, any woman is always called a wifie, regardless of marital status, and old people can be called 'Father Simpson' or 'Mother Jones' (you use their actual surname, obviously). To be honest, I think Onstad's trip to Scotland is his main influence on how Ye Olde Welsh people might have spoken, though as I recall he never made it north of Edinburgh.