The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on May 27, 2009, 01:24:35 pm

Title: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: CortJstr on May 27, 2009, 01:24:35 pm
It's been a while since the last Mexican Magical Realism adventure. I sense in our future several strips where Ray just sees weird things and/or explores with no specific jokes or plot development. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Heck, I read all of Rice Boy.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05262009
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: dejavroom on May 27, 2009, 01:30:48 pm
I kinda miss that type of thing. Like all out of the blue there would be a strip with nothing but drunk *****s celebrating on a pickup truck and going WOOOHOOOOOO on the road at night and that would be all.
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: Doc on May 27, 2009, 02:12:50 pm
In my head in the third last panel Cheech Marin's face does a wavy fade in and he whispered 'Hencho en Mexico' in a threatening and ludicrously thick version of what I believe to be a mexican accent.
Not young Cheech Marin either, not even 80s Cheech Marin. Modern day balding Cheech is being the creepy mexican voice over in my fantasy.
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 27, 2009, 03:24:41 pm
Though completely ineffective in their childish grandstanding, The Zero Sum Freedom League makes some good points.

A night in their garbage cages could probably do the idle rich some good.
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: Limmo on May 27, 2009, 06:01:26 pm
The only thing better than Ray in 1679 Wales?  Ray in 1679 Wales wearing a Nagel serape.  Yes.
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: Toaster on May 27, 2009, 08:12:28 pm
I did not realize until you said that that Ray was going to Wales. I thought he was going to the woods.
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: miles on May 27, 2009, 09:18:36 pm
Heck, I read all of Rice Boy.

I'm really enjoying this. Thanks for the tip.
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: Limmo on May 27, 2009, 10:19:22 pm
I did not realize until you said that that Ray was going to Wales. I thought he was going to the woods.

I don't know where he's going.  I made an ass out of you and umption.
Title: Re: May 26, 2009 - I am only trying to keep warm, The Lord
Post by: Toaster on May 27, 2009, 10:20:50 pm
I'm pretty chill about this, but umption is fuck*ng pissed.