The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 30, 2009, 11:30:23 pm

Title: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on May 30, 2009, 11:30:23 pm
Ray appears in a flash of Mexican magic realism (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05302009), lies to the natives, and is pelted with rocks.  Onstad gets a tiny can of Mr. Pibb for the AD&D-esque word "harquebus."  Although it is en vogue to say that Achewood isn't what it used to be, this arc feels like straight-up old style shenanigans.  I hope it ends with everyone losing some dignity and being slightly unhappier than when they began, and maybe with Phillipe getting yelled at.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: AugustWest on May 30, 2009, 11:32:39 pm
Ray needs to learn to look at the origin tag before he makes these purchases.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: wombat on May 31, 2009, 12:11:35 am
I miss Philippe.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: Toaster on May 31, 2009, 02:10:35 am
Mexican Magical Realism could be fun in certain circumstances. Teodor certainly like the way his photo turned out, for example.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: littlefallsmets on May 31, 2009, 03:44:20 am
Upon magically arriving in a strange place, a shot to the gut immediately follows.

I understand this talking cat.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: CortJstr on May 31, 2009, 04:30:09 am
Ray needs to learn to look at the origin tag before he makes these purchases.

I'm guessing Ray bought that years ago, before he found out about Mexican Magical Realism. Back before he was super rich.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: Dangermoose on May 31, 2009, 04:59:50 am
I'm guessing Ray bought that years ago, before he found out about Mexican Magical Realism. Back before he was super rich.

You're saying Nagel serapes aren't presently available?
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: AugustWest on May 31, 2009, 04:10:45 pm
You're saying Nagel serapes aren't presently available?

If you think that's true you just aren't shopping in the right flea markets.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: Turbo Ninja on June 01, 2009, 02:44:21 pm
If you think that's true you just aren't shopping in the right flea markets.

Or the very, very wrong flea markets.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: Dangermoose on June 02, 2009, 10:00:54 am
Just noticed, the Nagel serape decides to take a nap after Ray wakes up. Panel ... uh, 13.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2009, 01:37:32 pm
Just noticed, the Nagel serape decides to take a nap after Ray wakes up. Panel ... uh, 13.

Good catch. I was going to guess it's eyes would be closed whenever Ray was standing and open whenever he was laying down but going back one strip threw that theory right out the window.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: miles on June 02, 2009, 02:23:54 pm
Or Onstad got lazy and couldn't bother to finish the eyes.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: AugustWest on June 02, 2009, 06:36:09 pm
She shuts her eyes after the tag is ripped off.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: Doc on June 03, 2009, 12:26:26 am
It just occurred to me, Ray is trying to get Li'l Nephew back from a version of heaven, we know you can get back from hell via friendly's but we've only seen one way to get back from heaven without being resuscitated. I think Ray and Li'l nephew might get to meet troubleman and no no after all.
Joy.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: CortJstr on June 17, 2009, 12:48:50 pm
She shuts her eyes after the tag is ripped off.

Good call. Her eyes open again on 6/15 after Ray gets the tag stuck to his foot.
Title: Re: 30 May 2009 - Free wishes to the first dude who tells me where in hell I am
Post by: TripperDay on June 17, 2009, 09:36:02 pm
I never had a Nagel poster because my parents were married, but I've always admired his influence on the 80's. He seems to have contracted a fatal case of irony.

Patrick Nagel, whose Art Deco renditions of female figures appeared in Playboy magazine for nearly a decade, died of a heart attack Saturday after exercising at a fund-raiser for the American Heart Association. He was 38 years old.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/10/obituaries/patrick-nagel.html?sec=&pagewanted=print (http://www.nytimes.com/1984/02/10/obituaries/patrick-nagel.html?sec=&pagewanted=print)