The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: robot_god on June 02, 2009, 03:10:53 am

Title: Webcomic
Post by: robot_god on June 02, 2009, 03:10:53 am
I found a webcomic today that you party people may like, survivingtheworld.net .

It's like xkcd, but without the dipshittiness.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: robot_god on June 02, 2009, 03:19:38 am
I showed this one to a friend who does not yet succeed in life: http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson28.html (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson28.html)
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: littlefallsmets on June 02, 2009, 03:48:22 am
Lesson 7 definitely spoke to a dude who went to college 70 minutes away from his parents.

That was basically the exact rationale.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: Toaster on June 02, 2009, 03:57:43 am
I like this.

Lesson 7 is pretty much like this (http://www.boasas.com/?c=1118), which is pretty much like something I thought of last week.

I don't understand Lesson 87 (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson87.html). Are the aliens mistaking dogs for the dominant species on the planet, Ford Prefect-style? Or is something else going on?



(fixed links - w)
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: Doc on June 02, 2009, 01:25:52 pm
Thanks man, this is actually really awesome.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: pmcd9 on June 02, 2009, 05:36:50 pm
I think we are using the term "comic" rather loosely.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: wombat on June 02, 2009, 06:12:41 pm
I agree, but I think that's a good thing.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: AugustWest on June 02, 2009, 06:42:49 pm
I showed this one to a friend who does not yet succeed in life: http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson28.html (http://survivingtheworld.net/Lesson28.html)

This is why parenting is so difficult.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: CortJstr on June 02, 2009, 06:52:38 pm
This is now burning its way through my FB friends.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: theinevitable on June 02, 2009, 08:13:19 pm
Quote
This is why parenting is so difficult.

My dad must really want me to succeed. Lately he is half-seriously complaining because we are now old enough to make fun of him as much as he makes fun of us.

Also: he called me a "slob" for the way I was dressed heading to the airport. Within 10 minutes I found myself sitting across from an identically dressed frenchman.

also, toaster: I think their theory is that dogs are mating signals? Because we use them to attract the opposite sex?
My friend's mom said that when she went to our school, you were allowed to have dogs, and someone did an honors thesis which showed that having a dog had a major positive correlation with how many dates you went on.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: wombat on June 02, 2009, 08:21:16 pm
Inev, you're posting on a messageboard about a webcomic? Aren't you in Paris? UR DOING IT WRONG! Get out of here!
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: Toaster on June 02, 2009, 08:30:14 pm
I totally get it now. It's funny all of a sudden; The aliens are confused because they think dogs can serve only that one purpose. They think dogs are extensions of people instead of fully autonomous beings. Hilarious.

Incidentally, I am a cat person, but I like girls who are dog people. Does this mean I am... doomed?
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: jaydub on June 02, 2009, 08:50:26 pm
Incidentally, I am a cat person, but I like girls who are dog people. Does this mean I am... doomed?
Depending on the dog - your cat may be.
Title: Re: Webcomic
Post by: TripperDay on June 03, 2009, 05:32:19 pm
Interesting and amusing but the ideas seems a little rough, like a first draft. I think if that guy had to take the time to draw a comic, he'd have the time for his thoughts to gel completely.