The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: dejavroom on June 13, 2009, 03:03:45 pm

Title: How do you call...
Post by: dejavroom on June 13, 2009, 03:03:45 pm
That thing you do when you join your fingers stirrup-like for someone else to put their foot and then you give a push upwards, a lift (useful when trying to climb a wall or fence, etc)?

THANK YOU in advance =)
Title: Re: How do you call...
Post by: CortJstr on June 13, 2009, 03:44:18 pm
A boost is all I can think of.
Title: Re: How do you call...
Post by: wombat on June 13, 2009, 05:15:52 pm
Yeah, if you were asking someone to do it, you might use that verb. Otherwise, I tried to write this in the description of the action of a story and all I could figure out to do was basically "did that thing where you join your hands together...." etc. So in that case you've already got it.
Title: Re: How do you call...
Post by: Ruta Bagas on June 14, 2009, 10:33:15 am
A leg-up?
Title: Re: How do you call...
Post by: pmcd9 on July 04, 2009, 05:18:55 am
Boost or Leg Up as have already been mentioned would be what I call the action you described.