The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: jough on August 03, 2003, 04:27:12 pm

Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: jough on August 03, 2003, 04:27:12 pm
I don't know if RStevens just couldn't figure out how to turn off the polls, or if Onstad asked him to remove things entirely, or what, but the archives containing all of our old posts on Dumbrella are completely gone now.

So now there's no direct connection between Achewood and this message board.  Except through whoever links to it on their own site.

The more incoming links we get the more likely we'll show up in Google.

So if you already link to Achewood, do us all a favour and throw up a link to this place.
Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: Nabubrush on August 03, 2003, 08:06:01 pm
??? - I still have the page I posted in the other topic, although there are only 30 threads there:

http://www.dumbrella.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=17&DaysPrune=365&submit=Go
Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: jough on August 03, 2003, 09:30:46 pm
Ah yes - it's not in the main Dumbrella list, and some of my old links to it no longer work, but if you click on that link you can get there.

I guess save anything you can while you can.  Who knows how much longer it'll be up?
Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: PinkStainlessTail on August 04, 2003, 01:30:52 pm
Did y'all like my polls by the way?
Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: ferocious j on August 04, 2003, 07:50:12 pm
It is kind of too bad that the old threads are gone -- I got some entertainment out of those "Which of the Achewood cast would you like to drink with/live with/go on a road trip with" poll threads.  Like how in all of those, Roast Beef turned out to be the clear leader, but there were distinct differences in the remaining answers depending on the situation.
Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: Nabubrush on August 05, 2003, 01:49:09 am
I think it's a shame, too. I started a thread about the funniest things Onstad ever wrote when closing a thread. No matter what people think about Onstad as a person for closing his board or whatever, I know that he's more consistently funny than I am. And there were lots of other good things in the archives.
Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: V-Adore on August 05, 2003, 04:29:54 am
On the subject of great things from the Dumbrella board, does anyone have an archived copy of the initial "Notorious L.I.N.C.O.L.N." speculation thread, or at least the quite-frankly-incredible Civil War rap that was posted in that thread? I suspect it was already nuked on Dumbrella, but I'd love to have a copy.
Title: The old Dumbrella archives are GONE
Post by: richie_dagger on August 07, 2003, 02:26:18 am
i did rthe ONSTAD V R poll

onstad won, go figure, it;s the achewood board