The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: oball on July 16, 2009, 10:29:33 am

Title: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: oball on July 16, 2009, 10:29:33 am
Link. (http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07162009)

I am enjoying this story arc immensely.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: Doc on July 16, 2009, 10:52:18 am
For some reason the first thing I thought of was to wonder if Mr. Williams knows Dr. Sumbitches. Ray seems to be treating them in the same offhand manner and I think his fate will be similar.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: Doc on July 16, 2009, 10:52:58 am
And Cornelius is going to become the founder of Williams-Sonata.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: CortJstr on July 16, 2009, 12:53:42 pm
And Cornelius is going to become the founder of Williams-Sonata.

He certainly should, based on the rules.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: jaydub on July 16, 2009, 04:41:39 pm
Identical elephant costumes?
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: Turbo Ninja on July 16, 2009, 08:08:17 pm
I'm disappointed Ray's speech bubble cut off before we could learn his celly number. 

IDEA FOR ONSTAD: You wanna monetize Achewood, you open up a service where users can text whatever they want to Ray at a customized short code [NOTE: I suggest 729729 for "RAYRAY"] and, for 99 cents a pop plus standard message fees, Ray hits them back with something cool.

It'll be like that KGB or ChaCha service, only from a fake cartoon cat and with no expectation of accuracy, coherence or quality.

BONUS IDEA: Open it up to other characters.

Beef: SADCAT
Philippe: HUUUGS
Li'l Nephew: NEPHEW
Teodor: TEODOR
Lyle: 4LEMMY

These are the new 1-900 numbers.  These are the quick and dirty cash cows of this technological epoch.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: theinevitable on July 17, 2009, 01:47:59 am
wait, i love so many lines from this strip.

"I am almost one hundred. what do I care."

"becomes or already is the founder of williams-sonoma."
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: Toaster on July 17, 2009, 03:21:58 am
I hope I am that cool when I am almost one hundred.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: robot_god on July 17, 2009, 03:27:45 am
Onstad writes secret romance novels, pass it on.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: dejavroom on July 17, 2009, 06:07:56 pm
This thread's title will always be BLOO-DEEP for me.
Title: Re: July 16, 2009 - Banging body parts together until God summons the locusts
Post by: pmcd9 on July 18, 2009, 01:16:39 am
Who is Ronnie, Mr. Sonoma?