The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: miles on July 18, 2009, 07:21:09 am

Title: And that's the way it is
Post by: miles on July 18, 2009, 07:21:09 am
Walter Cronkite? What the fuck? So he was 92, but that's still not the news I fuck*ng needed.

Here's the link:

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-walter-cronkite18-2009jul18,0,4276121.story

I'm too fuck*ng drunk to embed the link in my words.

I need to go for a walk.
Title: Re: And that's the way it is
Post by: Toaster on July 18, 2009, 09:18:45 am
Even a youngin' like myself is stricken by this.

There is no main dude or lady to report on this news. Tonight, it was spoken by a lot of different dudes and ladies. That's some kind of reflection of the way things have changed, I think.
Title: Re: And that's the way it is
Post by: AugustWest on July 18, 2009, 05:25:00 pm
Sucks.  I once wrote a short story where the avatar of God that appeared to the protagonist looked exactly like Walter Cronkite.

He was a journalistic hero of mine.
Title: Re: And that's the way it is
Post by: Lister on July 19, 2009, 04:31:56 pm
Pour one out for the last voice of integrity in broadcasting.