The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Wild Card => Topic started by: Toaster on July 22, 2009, 01:15:57 am

Title: What is this concept?
Post by: Toaster on July 22, 2009, 01:15:57 am
Is there a word for the concept that's like nostalgia, except you don't like the thing? This is how I feel about A Goofy Movie. It's not just that I think it's bad just because, it's that I think it's even worse because I've always hated it. I think it is worse than a thing to which I have just been introduced, but which is equally bad. It's like a badness coefficient. It's like 1.5(x) bad.
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: pmcd9 on July 22, 2009, 01:18:11 am
Being hateful?
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: AugustWest on July 22, 2009, 01:26:31 am
Having deeply held convictions?
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: theinevitable on July 22, 2009, 01:58:00 am
I do a similar thing where I focus on certain things as... exemplars of what is the worst thing.

but normally in the context of "my friends all like this thing, and I hate it."
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: lprkn on July 22, 2009, 02:20:42 am
The Barenaked Ladies.

Because.
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 22, 2009, 02:31:39 am
The term is "I Heart The Blank".

For sixty extra dollars, Michael Ian Black will say something sarcastic about it on VH1.
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: greenkoolayd on July 22, 2009, 03:51:44 am
Is there a word for the concept that's like nostalgia, except you don't like the thing? This is how I feel about A Goofy Movie. It's not just that I think it's bad just because, it's that I think it's even worse because I've always hated it. I think it is worse than a thing to which I have just been introduced, but which is equally bad. It's like a badness coefficient. It's like 1.5(x) bad.

apparently, your feelings about a goofy movie are the exact opposite of my feelings for the thundercats(i BT'd all the episodes and now im converting them to mp4 so i can sync them to my zune)
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: Doc on July 22, 2009, 04:01:40 am
The Barenaked Ladies.

Because.

Not cool man.
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: lprkn on July 24, 2009, 04:16:56 am
Learning to Let Go of Knee-Jerk Irrational Hatreds: A Twelve Step Program

Step 1: Admit that it may be possible for a reasonable person to not hate the thing you hate.
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: dejavroom on July 24, 2009, 02:17:43 pm
"Not-stalgia"?
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on July 24, 2009, 02:41:41 pm
"Backward loathing."
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: wombat on July 24, 2009, 03:07:21 pm
"Not-stalgia"?

Yes! end of thread.
Title: Re: What is this concept?
Post by: CortJstr on July 24, 2009, 03:22:16 pm
"Not-stalgia"?

That's a cannin'