The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on July 22, 2009, 01:33:06 am

Title: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on July 22, 2009, 01:33:06 am
Huh.  I guess Eco does get a little drawn out sometimes.  Baudolino took me a long time and I gave up on Queen Loana.  Love the rest of it though.

T wants to be the founder of the trendy overpriced kitchen goods retailer. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07212009)
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: Toaster on July 22, 2009, 01:38:44 am
I hate it when someone gets all Mr. Thinky up in my jam. It happens at least once a day.
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on July 22, 2009, 01:49:04 am
When I first loaded the strip I saw panel 6 and thought Teodor was doing his awesome dance move again.

For some reason I thought the word was "prudier"
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: Ruta Bagas on July 22, 2009, 01:55:57 am
We should try writing under those conditions.
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: wombat on July 22, 2009, 02:05:43 am
I'm afraid I'm usually the one who's always getting all Ms Thinky on people. I'm sorry. Sometimes they thank me, though, really.
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: dejavroom on July 22, 2009, 11:38:26 am
omg, totally called it.
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: Turbo Ninja on July 22, 2009, 02:29:50 pm
Cornelius, meanwhile, has offered to stand in for Chuck Williams as a way of teaching Raymond a very valuable lesson regarding the difficulty of creating truly stimulating lesbo erotica.

In the matchup of Cornelius v. Teodor, the winner will be...the lesbians of Achewood.

I hope this arc provides some awesome gay characters like with the GOF, if only so we can see the hilarious names Onstad gives them.
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: pmcd9 on July 23, 2009, 04:43:46 am
Teodor always fails.  Seems like Ray should know this.
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: littlefallsmets on July 23, 2009, 08:25:05 am
Between Ray's boundless optimism and his tendency to accept anyone else's authority in a matter at the merest whiff of proficiency, it is not so odd to think he'd kind of conveniently forget that Teodor's only good at cooking-with-pretense and at falling for women who play the bass guitar in bands-with-pretense.

Moreover, Ray is incredibly lazy and tends to discard concepts if he is not immediately really good at them.

I'm pretty sure that his reasoning centre shorts out when he needs to get a Potential Failure off his hands and instantly goes to any port in a storm.

This plays perfectly into Teodor's worldview wherein if he has read a few books by the right hip people, he thinks he Knows Things.

In this manner, they are even more symbiotic than Beef and Ray are.
Title: Re: COME DOWN HERE AND FLICK MY BEAN, UMBERTO ECO -- JULY 21, 2009
Post by: Toaster on July 24, 2009, 03:03:38 am
The two men are like separate halves of a single da Vinci.