The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: sammyjankis on November 25, 2003, 11:33:42 am

Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: sammyjankis on November 25, 2003, 11:33:42 am
I love Ray's hoodie.  And it's good to see the otter's OK - although the penultimate panel is very moving.:(

But you can never have enough hugs references.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: Mite on November 25, 2003, 12:12:41 pm
Utterly brilliant.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: slink on November 25, 2003, 12:12:42 pm
The artwork in that was just seminal!
The shot of the hoof, pulling back through Phillipe's face to the overhead, with the rain tumbling past the lens. It is so filmic you can see it move.
And so it was Ray and Tic-Tac (not that it looked like a Victorian prostitutes gun, but well, I guess Onstad isn't a gun guy).
Didn't expect that one!
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: FeeReep on November 25, 2003, 12:35:12 pm
Poor Phillipe and poor Tori Amos.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: jay-ell on November 25, 2003, 01:18:00 pm
Ooooh, doggs.  He totally altered the shape of the silouette in this strip.  Go back and look at Friday's.  I totally think he did it on purpose to mislead us, and possibly to represent Phillipe's worst fears, but dag, yo.  We done got lied to.  

Not that I mind.  This strip was gorgeous.  The trees, baby.  The trees.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 25, 2003, 01:21:05 pm
I TOLD you it wasn't Nice Pete!  I TOLD YOU!  Anyone who insisted it was Nice Pete now owes me $20.  Pay up, people.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: MSC on November 25, 2003, 01:43:45 pm
The trees are very nice, but the Tori Amos line is brilliant.  

What a perfect way for expressing Beef's fears and longings all at once.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: arlucasinc on November 25, 2003, 01:59:10 pm
Man, those trees look like an Escher woodcut or something. Totally frikkin' awesome.

I guess Beef figures that if Tori's willing to breastfeed a pig, then he might have a chance.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on November 25, 2003, 02:37:56 pm
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
I guess Beef figures that if Tori's willing to breastfeed a pig, then he might have a chance.


Um, what?
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: side_show on November 25, 2003, 02:59:48 pm
I love that Tori Amos is obviously Beef's secret imaginary girlfriend.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: side_show on November 25, 2003, 03:01:31 pm
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "arlucasinc"
I guess Beef figures that if Tori's willing to breastfeed a pig, then he might have a chance.


Um, what?


Inside the "Boy's for Pele" CD there's a pic of her doing just that
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: sammyjankis on November 25, 2003, 03:38:04 pm
This story is certainly up there with the Touch Me Not incident for emotional power (on Philippe's part) - he and nature do not do well.

And for a bonus 20 points who knows what gun Ray used?
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: palm trees on November 25, 2003, 04:04:27 pm
man, that tori amos line made me smile so much.
just wonderful.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: jough on November 25, 2003, 04:49:20 pm
Onstad's really reached a higher plateau with his artwork all throughout this storyline - the cars, the rain, those scary trees, the Super-Secret Ice Cream Shoppe, the lingering sense of dread, dead deer and scared people.

I'd love to see this story as a Flash animated movie.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: bluebird_of_unhappiness on November 25, 2003, 05:19:02 pm
That whole elaborate, somewhat dragged, storyline was worth this strip.  Let it end here.  Beef does it again.

This was a laugh-out-loud strip.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: monkey punch on November 25, 2003, 05:50:22 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Ooooh, doggs.  He totally altered the shape of the silouette in this strip.  Go back and look at Friday's.  I totally think he did it on purpose to mislead us, and possibly to represent Phillipe's worst fears, but dag, yo.  We done got lied to.  

JLDunston is right.  Onstad changed the silhouette.  He originally planned that chairman mao would be the one to put a bullet in the deer.

as for bluebird: dragged?  the problem here isn't onstad's plotting (which, by the way, was superb); it's your ADHD.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: jough on November 25, 2003, 06:35:38 pm
Man, I hope this storyline drags for another two weeks.  It's beautiful.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: CortJstr on November 25, 2003, 06:40:54 pm
Quote from: "jldunston"
Not that I mind.  This strip was gorgeous.  The trees, baby.  The trees.


Creepiest road ever.

Now Philippe will climb into Ray's Escalade and watch a DVD to calm him down.* I just hope somebody remembers to call Lyle/Mr. Bear. And somebody should go pick up Nice Pete before he gets angry.

*of course Ray's car had a DVD player
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: slink on November 25, 2003, 07:06:54 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"
And somebody should go pick up Nice Pete before he gets angry.


I see no evidence that Nice Pete could get angry. He'll think it's ever so sweet that Philippe got so scared, and be all caring about it. Despite the written off Econoline.
Nice Pete has only seemed, except for the stories, nice.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: V-Adore on November 25, 2003, 08:01:45 pm
I love the dark forest. Love, love, love. And Ray's hoodie, and the complicated psychodrama of the silhouettes, and...

Let me put it this way: if the storyline ends here, it's a great ending. If not, I'll ride this to the end.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: Twelvebottoms on November 25, 2003, 10:23:08 pm
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Now Philippe will climb into Ray's Escalade and watch a DVD to calm him down.


Yeah.  He can watch Bambi.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: monkey punch on November 25, 2003, 10:54:29 pm
I offer the following in the hope that Asherdan might someday appreciate the importance of consulting and acknowledging the contributions of others before he joins their conversations.



Asherdan said:Yo, dogs, yesterdays silouette was presented as what Phillipe saw as he looked at the looming figure.  Todays strip shows us that what Phillipe initially saw in panic and fear was in fact something else.  It's subtle and fits right in with the other great things about this storyline that have already been gushed about.



But before that JLDunston said:
Ooooh, doggs.  He totally altered the shape of the silouette in this strip.  Go back and look at Friday's.  I totally think he did it on purpose to mislead us, and possibly to represent Phillipe's worst fears, but dag, yo.  We done got lied to.  

Not that I mind.  This strip was gorgeous.  The trees, baby.  The trees.


Closely followed by carlosdelvaca:
I TOLD you it wasn't Nice Pete!  I TOLD YOU!  Anyone who insisted it was Nice Pete now owes me $20.  Pay up, people.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: Twelvebottoms on November 25, 2003, 11:09:25 pm
Yo I guess he was just excited.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: V-Adore on November 25, 2003, 11:21:28 pm
See, I thought Asherdan was elaborating on one of JL's sidepoints -- the distortion of the silhouette as representative of Philippe's fears instead of as Onstad attempting deliberately to mislead us for no story reason -- but I may be wrong.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: andalucia on November 25, 2003, 11:38:10 pm
That's what I figured too... I think it's a valid point.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: AugustWest on November 26, 2003, 04:27:38 am
Over 40 percent of a deer's energy is derived from the acids absorbed through the walls of its first stomach.

Useful information from http://www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html.  Also, they have cool picture of deer skeletons and organs.

Which only makes sense, considering the name of the page.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: V-Adore on November 26, 2003, 05:05:24 am
Is there such a thing as a non-cool picture of deer skeletons and organs?

... wait, don't answer that. Especially not with an URL.
Title: www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
Post by: doomglobe on November 26, 2003, 05:27:14 am
support your local 81.