The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: CortJstr on August 05, 2009, 12:53:20 pm

Title: Aug 05, 2009 - Second Chance at Life German Shepherds
Post by: CortJstr on August 05, 2009, 12:53:20 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08052009

Well that's a conveniently placed door to nowhere. It even has a little slot to spy on people coming in to make sure they know the password.
Title: Re: Aug 05, 2009 - Second Chance at Life German Shepherds
Post by: Doc on August 05, 2009, 01:03:04 pm
So did CH organise the event to be in a building with a door in a third story wall because he knew this was coming or does CH being there cause doors to exist or do all buildings have such a contrivance for just such an eventuality? No options are comforting.

I know we talk a lot of smack but strips like this remind me that Onstad can draw his'elf a strip. He could just stop writing dialogue altogether and I'd still be here, every day.
Title: Re: Aug 05, 2009 - Second Chance at Life German Shepherds
Post by: smick on August 05, 2009, 04:26:28 pm
My office used to have a door like that.  I would put signs on it that read "Smoking Lounge" or just ominously "OUT".

The door had a jersey bar across it at all times, and a padlock, so it's not as though I was tempting smokers or ... egressors... to their destruction.

The last time I had the door open, I was almost pulled out of it by a giant piece of telco equipment that was being hoisted up by a crane.   

(http://raindog.net/photos/d/2144-3/DSCF0077.JPG)

A couple of notes about the crane.

1) When it was discovered the rack wouldn't fit in the door, I called the crane operator.  He said he could be there at the end of the day.  So I told him "we're kinda ready now."  He said "Now?  Be there in 15 minutes."  He was there in 10.  I couldn't get a pizza that fast, but I could order and have a piece of machinery set up that could lift cars.  Progress!

2) The crane company missed the boat when they called themselves Spokane Crane instead of going for the obviously supreme "SPOCRANE" or the slightly less supreme "SPOKRANE".