The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 07, 2009, 03:48:32 am

Title: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on August 07, 2009, 03:48:32 am
So the depressed cat tumbles out of the absurdly placed door and falls square into the back seat of a triplane piloted by the surreal vaudeville performer who simulates fracturing himself.  The performer, who is apparently some sort of Grand Guignol impressario, asks the depressed cat if he may present a theatrical production of his actual death, which has been foretold by the appearance of a dread apparition in the form of a small animal equally cute and creepy.

Have I got it correct so far? (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08062009)

Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on August 07, 2009, 03:51:05 am
Also.

VIMP
Squicka
Squicka

I sweartagod, Onstad's bucking for the Don Martin Memorial Trophy in Comic Strip Sound Effect Depiction.
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: evan on August 07, 2009, 03:51:51 am
not sure it's going to be a theatrical production of beef's death.
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on August 07, 2009, 03:56:45 am
not sure it's going to be a theatrical production of beef's death.

Agreed, so I fixed for you.
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: Choop on August 07, 2009, 05:34:55 am
i think i like how DEBT LIQUOR DESPAIR is one section of the 2nd ring, as though the three are always tied together as "debt liquor despair" and none alone or any miscombined do not result in death, but the three in that order directly cause it.

unless he's reading and corrects his mistake. then i LOVE it!
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: nailgunpistolwhip on August 07, 2009, 05:38:04 am
I was wondering about the meaning of this strip.  Thanatos is the Greek mythological personification of Death in daemonic form.  I suppose his lash must mean that its naturally time for beef to die?
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: Choop on August 07, 2009, 05:40:58 am
bzzt no roller skate
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: theinevitable on August 07, 2009, 08:59:10 am
THANATOPSIS
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: dejavroom on August 07, 2009, 12:07:36 pm
There's so much bullshit going on in this arc, I can't even articulate it, so I'll just choke and gurgle apoplectically: urglurglurgpffffgffb
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on August 07, 2009, 01:36:12 pm
Dang, he even knows Beef doesn't like his name. He thought of everything.
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: Dangermoose on August 07, 2009, 10:15:33 pm
This whole thing has me wondering again if Onstad plans to hang it up after Beef has died nine times.  A cat gets nine chances in this world.  Would this be three or four, now?
Title: Re: May I Use Your Death -- August 6, 2009
Post by: saniac on August 08, 2009, 01:16:01 am
If, like a Terry Pratchett wizard, I knew the hour of my demise, then apart from getting into massive debt and drinking up the wine cellar, I think I would really enjoy inviting people to my Final Remarks and Expiration. (Beautifully engraved invitations would be paid for on credit, of course).

Although Canetti wrote a whole a play (Die Befristeten) about what happens when people know, or think they know, when they're going to die, and apparently it's not a good thing.