The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 10, 2009, 12:35:27 pm

Title: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: AugustWest on August 10, 2009, 12:35:27 pm
Nothin' worse than a delighted child with a fractured cranium, I always say.

Squee.  Klik. (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08102009)
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: Doc on August 10, 2009, 12:45:25 pm
Words to live by.
I'm glad to see I was right about Teodore being North elephant, and interested to see what happens to the door but this strip is really just kind of moving things along.
Just mooooooooving aloooooong.

Maybe it's because I'm not a big Lyle fan?
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: CortJstr on August 10, 2009, 12:58:03 pm
So it was a magic CH door. I'm a little surprised that question was answered.

Besides the whole child's head thing, shouldn't Ray remember what happened the last time he and Lyle went in on a food cart? First Lyle cut hair on it, then came the porn. So much porn.

Lyle isn't my favorite character but him refusing to hang on was pretty classic. Especially since Ray kept the phone by his ear anyway when he could have just set it down or something.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: pmcd9 on August 10, 2009, 12:59:38 pm
This strip is a classic.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 10, 2009, 04:09:53 pm
I love Lyle's yelling.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: greenkoolayd on August 10, 2009, 04:44:25 pm
i dont like this arc that much, but at the same time, im really curious about how its going to continue to play out.

its like roadkill.  seeing a dead animal isnt the most pleasant thing you can think of, but when you drive past, you try to figure out what sort of critter it is, anyway.  ...morbid curiosity, or whatever, but not quite.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: littlefallsmets on August 10, 2009, 06:28:14 pm
I can't quite decide if Roast Beef's repeated returns from the after-life are making this plot more or less interesting.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: Dangermoose on August 10, 2009, 08:15:01 pm
Lyle isn't my favorite character but him refusing to hang on was pretty classic. Especially since Ray kept the phone by his ear anyway when he could have just set it down or something.

No he could not set it down, because Lyle refused to hang on and Ray's sticking to the rules.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: Cap'n Squeakers on August 11, 2009, 12:06:42 am
My favorite part of this somewhat confused strip is the "OH GOD NO" that has been typed by Chuck Williams (a.k.a. South Elephant).  Tear his shit apart, angry lesbians.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: Gimpson on August 11, 2009, 07:31:08 pm
I can't quite decide if Roast Beef's repeated returns from the after-life are making this plot more or less interesting.

Would the death of Beef invalidate his marriage to Molly? I mean upon his return? 
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: JorgeFabregas on August 11, 2009, 07:41:38 pm
Gimpson, that is an excellent question.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: jaydub on August 11, 2009, 09:10:14 pm
Tear his shit apart, angry lesbians.
I don't recall that many of the faces in the audience were female.  Perhaps Sapphic poetry is, like girl-on-girl porn, mostly enjoyed by men.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: Ben-San on August 11, 2009, 09:54:31 pm
Based on the scenario built up in advance and the fact that none of them have facial hair, I suspect the audience is mostly if not entirely female but is predominantly (a) rather butch and (b) weirdly-shaped anthropomorphic cats.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: Deathwish Jones on August 12, 2009, 06:19:34 pm
Just a bit of speculation... is CH offering Ray some kind of weird shot at redemption for their previous encounter? Ray had proven himself a coward who would desert a dying man. Maybe this is a chance for him to prove he is not that at all.

Although at this point in the arc, with all its many twists, I've come to accept that any guess I venture is going to turn out to be terribly mistaken.
Title: Re: EEEEEAUGGGGGHHHH! -- August 10, 2009
Post by: Arachno-capitalist on August 13, 2009, 06:17:19 pm
So I went to achewood.com for the first time in a long time, and it appears ive entered this arc at an inappropriate time. Theres an elephant, theres cartilage head, beef is committing suicide... with cartilage head... idk, I think I need to backtrack a little.