The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => History => Topic started by: AugustWest on August 13, 2009, 06:13:01 pm

Title: RIP Les Paul
Post by: AugustWest on August 13, 2009, 06:13:01 pm
Goodbye (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByGsHTlKmWk) Guitar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ffdwBUL78) man. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owa10YBJfNU)
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: pmcd9 on August 13, 2009, 07:02:18 pm
The man was a god.

Invented the electric guitar and multitracking.
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: miles on August 13, 2009, 11:31:10 pm
Oh man. Thanks for your contributions to rock and/or roll.
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: pmcd9 on August 14, 2009, 11:45:17 pm
I thought y'all music loving fucks would have more to say about this.
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: Toaster on August 15, 2009, 12:13:47 am
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1470
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: Lister on August 15, 2009, 07:33:26 pm
The Les Paul Gibson is my favorite guitar to hear played in rock and/or roll.  Even if I don't particularly dig Les Paul's music specifically (he's good, just not my style) he's made an enormous contribution to the music I love.

Humbucker reprazent, yo.
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: theinevitable on August 16, 2009, 07:19:07 am
Les Paul is one of those guys that...

He did a lot of important things, but I hate his music to hell.

Thank you, Les Paul, for creating an instrument which allowed people to make awesome music, that does not at all sound like the music you made.

Although, now I have "Mr Sandman" stuck in my head from clicking on youtube videos linked to from youtube videos linked to from the videos August posted.

So maybe soon I'll go through a corny-50's-guitar phase.
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: pmcd9 on August 16, 2009, 07:48:02 am
I just watched Juno this week.  The pregnant girl has a crush on the man who is going to adopt her baby.  He plays Sonic Youth's version of Superstar for her and she digs it.  Later when they are having a terrible fight she screams at him "Oh and I bought a Sonic Youth album and it sucked.  It's just fuck*ng noise."
Title: Re: RIP Les Paul
Post by: theinevitable on August 16, 2009, 10:22:03 pm
yeah, that is the danger of recommending bands in a nonspecific way.

"you said Led Zeppelin rocked, and I bought Led Zeppelin III, what's with all this folk shit!"

This is why I am the toolshed who either burns you a CD, or recommends a specific album.