The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => People & Places => Topic started by: slink on November 28, 2003, 06:11:47 pm

Title: What's really scary...
Post by: slink on November 28, 2003, 06:11:47 pm
Is that the night before last, I awoke at 8am again, having managed about 3 hours sleep, part way through possibly my most bizarre dream ever!
We were on a train. A really odd train at that, it lacked a driver. And when I say we, I mean me, and all you guys.
I can barely remember any of it, but every time I eat this particular make of chips, I'm going to remember Jough tucking into a bag on said train.
And it's remarkably bizarre how he looked exactly the same as his avatar, yet older.

I think I spend too much time here. And that's with me being away on AC2 most of the time.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: jough on November 28, 2003, 07:18:38 pm
The thing is, I really do look just like the photo in my avatar, except older.  And not quite as blonde.

I had a dream the other night were I was replying to posts here.  And another last week where I was laying floor tiles with Onstad in the basement of the house I grew up in.  I found out he really liked the movie "Iron Eagle" and then we played the "Last Starfighter" video game for the Colecovision and he wanted to be called "Lou" after "Lou Gosset, Jr.".
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: side_show on November 28, 2003, 07:21:15 pm
I think you are suffereing from nicotine withdrawl.  I hope you're keeping up the fight.

I always have dreams where I discover a secret door that leads to a gymnasium, and I realize the space means I can have my own theatre.  Then I wake up and I'm so disapointed that it's not real.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: AugustWest on November 28, 2003, 09:03:50 pm
I had a dream that I started stalking each of you, one at a time.  I'd find your home addresses, then sneak around until late one night I'd break into your home and disembowel you, slowly, painfully and horribly.

No, wait, that wasn't a dream...

Your pal,

Nice August
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: wombat on November 28, 2003, 09:23:33 pm
Quote from: "jough"
The thing is, I really do look just like the photo in my avatar, except older.  And not quite as blonde.

I had a dream the other night were I was replying to posts here.  And another last week where I was laying floor tiles with Onstad in the basement of the house I grew up in.


Do you still have that terrifying smile too?

I'd like to add something to the list of things I am thankful for: That I was never (at least not yet) far enough off the deep end to dream about Onstad, or any of the rest of you mythological personages.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: jough on November 28, 2003, 09:27:34 pm
How is my smile terrifying?
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: slink on November 28, 2003, 10:25:03 pm
Quote from: "Smells"
I think you are suffereing from nicotine withdrawl.  I hope you're keeping up the fight.


Not doing too badly.
I caved earlier today, but only got through half of it, and it wasn't nice.

And Jough, your dream beats mine easily for WTF factor. Though it would help if I coudl rememebr anything but the driverless train and the chips in detail.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: wombat on November 28, 2003, 11:56:07 pm
Quote from: "jough"
How is my smile terrifying?


There's just something about that picture that makes me think that that child is going to grow up to be an axe murderer.

But I guess I should have been afraid of August West instead...
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: jough on November 29, 2003, 12:14:00 am
Quote from: "wombat"

There's just something about that picture that makes me think that that child is going to grow up to be an axe murderer.


I think it's because I'm looking off to the side rather than right at you.

In any case, I can honestly say that I have never killed anyone with an axe, but mostly because it's inefficient.

I'm more of a pistol man, myself.  

And of course, bare-handed strangulation is really sexy.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: V-Adore on November 29, 2003, 02:34:00 am
I've never had a dream about you people. But now, I will try.

Maybe I'll try to dream about my Quest For Enough Posts That I Can Just Buy a Title Already.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: slink on November 29, 2003, 09:35:16 am
Quote from: "jough"

And of course, bare-handed strangulation is really sexy.


'Tis good. Though I'm more for the guitar string. It combines my love of music, with my love of killing. Which is nice.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: andalucia on November 29, 2003, 04:05:34 pm
Quote from: "Smells"
I think you are suffereing from nicotine withdrawl.  I hope you're keeping up the fight.


I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.

I've always pictured Jough as older than, but virtually identical to his avatar... and yeah, I also find the smile terrifying.

My only board-related dream consisted of me playing mini-golf with Jough, based on an IM conversation we'd had.  We were wearing silly hats, though.  I'm not sure quite how to explain that part.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: slink on November 29, 2003, 04:13:25 pm
Quote from: "andalucia"

I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.


If there's a dead fat guy, bleeding under a tree in a month, then you know how well it's going!
I may well want to kill this winter. What with a bad last two months, hated family visiting next weekend, and well, me usually hating christmas anyway.
Although I'm curiously looking forward to it this year. I think...
Still, I got my emergency tobacco, so I can sneak the odd one now and then to save death. I'll need it next weekend that's for sure!
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: side_show on December 01, 2003, 12:29:05 pm
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "andalucia"

I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.


If there's a dead fat guy, bleeding under a tree in a month, then you know how well it's going!
I may well want to kill this winter. What with a bad last two months, hated family visiting next weekend, and well, me usually hating christmas anyway.
Although I'm curiously looking forward to it this year. I think...
Still, I got my emergency tobacco, so I can sneak the odd one now and then to save death. I'll need it next weekend that's for sure!


You should come spend the holidays here in Winnipeg - as of this summer it's illegal to smoke in any indoor public places.  If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: slink on December 01, 2003, 01:02:02 pm
Quote from: "Smells"
If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.


That's what I been trying here - only letting myself smoke outside if I need an emergency, stop myself killing someone or myself, cigarette.
And it's still cheaper than it is here - £5 a pack now. Christ I started when you could buy a pack for £2.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: side_show on December 01, 2003, 01:45:35 pm
Sweet Zombie Jesus - that's really expensive!!!  You should put that money in a jar and use it to buy your self something nice.  Like a club for clubbing people over the head, or some kind of other device that helps with your soon-to-be agitated state.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: V-Adore on December 01, 2003, 04:31:05 pm
Quote from: "Smells"

You should come spend the holidays here in Winnipeg - as of this summer it's illegal to smoke in any indoor public places.  If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.

Our campus went a little farther -- smoking is now off-limits both inside buildings and within a certain distance (20 feet, I believe) from any building. Needless to say, the smokers on campus are fairly unhappy, given as they now more or less need to smoke in the center of a quad, and even a lot of non-smokers are starting to feel weird about the whole business.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: CortJstr on December 01, 2003, 05:23:30 pm
Step 1: I don't want to shop at a mall where it's all smokey inside. I'm going to be in there all day. Make them smoke outside.

Step 2: I hate it when I go to the mall and there's a huge smoke haze in front of every door and 5 people crowded around it. Make them move away.

Step 3: I hate it when I go to my car and the whole parking lot is all smokey from people going out there.

Step 4: I hate it when I go to the mall and there's all these little kids whining making noise. Make them wait outside . . .
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 01, 2003, 08:30:20 pm
Quote from: "Smells"
Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "andalucia"

I'd think it'd be deeply scarring to quit smoking at the beginning of winter... seems like the kind of combination of factors that would lead to murderin' and so forth.


If there's a dead fat guy, bleeding under a tree in a month, then you know how well it's going!
I may well want to kill this winter. What with a bad last two months, hated family visiting next weekend, and well, me usually hating christmas anyway.
Although I'm curiously looking forward to it this year. I think...
Still, I got my emergency tobacco, so I can sneak the odd one now and then to save death. I'll need it next weekend that's for sure!


You should come spend the holidays here in Winnipeg - as of this summer it's illegal to smoke in any indoor public places.  If the options are to smoke in -35 C  weather, plus windchill,  or to stay inside, I think a lot of folks here are going to make a serious effort to quit.  Never mind that the price of a pack is over $10 Cdn most places.


I quit when I had a kid. Seemed like a reasonable thing to do and at that point, I was 30 and I had smoked for something like 18 years. Andalucia is totally right, though, Winter makes me WANT to smoke. Still. Good thing I live in a place where Winter doesn't exist.

$10 cdn (that's ten loonies or five toonies! Canadian money makes  your ##### fall down!) and then 89.67% of the pack is covered with warnings like "THESE WILL KILL YOU" and "YOU ARE SUCH A DICK FOR SMOKING" and stuff like that. I love Canadian cigarette packs. I though for a minute there was an actual BRAND called  "Risk of Birth Defects" but it turned out the warning was actually bigger than the logo.

I miss being able to visit Canada.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: andalucia on December 01, 2003, 10:17:25 pm
Whaaa?   They're $7.50 or so where I am.  And my dear lovely Captain Blacks are only five bucks.  But yeah, no smoking anywhere indoors.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: slink on December 02, 2003, 12:54:36 am
How about the council somewhere in our region, which has put a ban on employees smoking during work.
Not indoors. Not at the door. During work hours.
Any employee found smoking between 8.30 and 5 or whatever those particulars are working, are disciplined.
This includes - office staff, management, street cleaners, bus drivers. Any council worker.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: AlohaDawg on December 02, 2003, 02:12:21 am
That's awesome! No smoking at certain times! Obviously your municipal workers have a shitty union. Ours have that sort of union which will succesfully prevent you from firing someone who has committed a crime.

Bogus.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: side_show on December 02, 2003, 12:55:58 pm
shortly after the whole smoking ban here, I went to a job interview where the woman smoked while she interviewed me.  It was for a ValuVillage - I was looking for a stoner-type job.  I was offered the position, but I never took it.  My boyfriend was also interviewed there by what he described as a "big hairy guy with his shirt unbuttoned and lots of gold chains.  Some of the chains had eagle medallions hanging from them."  It seemed like a classy operation all 'round.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: slink on December 02, 2003, 06:09:12 pm
Quote from: "Smells"
It seemed like a classy operation all 'round.


Sounds like the pay would have been greaaaaaaaaaat!
I've always tried to get me a job somewhere like that, since you barely need to work at all to get by. But alas, strange career type jobs are all I can find.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: andalucia on December 02, 2003, 10:20:22 pm
You turned down a job at Value Village?   I'd sell my soul to work at Value Village, anyday.
Title: What's really scary...
Post by: side_show on December 03, 2003, 01:35:34 pm
lets see - my job: $14.50/hr +annual bonus
              ValuVillage: $7:00/hr - no bonus

              my job:   answering the phone
              ValuVillage:  sorting soiled clothes

              my job benifits: full health and dental
              ValuVillage job benifits: work so easy you can do it high