The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Achewood => Achewood => Topic started by: wombat on August 31, 2009, 12:44:11 pm

Title: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: wombat on August 31, 2009, 12:44:11 pm
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08312009 (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08312009)

No comment on this, can't handle it before my morning caffeine.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Doc on August 31, 2009, 12:52:00 pm
The machine of Karma dispenses tennis balls?


So, the karma machine seems to be reading a man of virtue that is a self obssessed scruff, who has been wounded by god with the lash of thanatos.
Now is this what roast beef is (it does rather sound like him) or what he'll come back as?

I kind of want a print of this. Or maybe just the machine itself.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: AugustWest on August 31, 2009, 02:04:52 pm
Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. Understand. What. This.  All. Means.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: CortJstr on August 31, 2009, 02:05:48 pm
Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. Understand. What. This.  All. Means.

QFT. And canning.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: smick on August 31, 2009, 04:16:39 pm
It appears Chris was watching Empire Records this weekend, on Fuse.   I can't think of any other reason I would both hear Romeo and Juliet, and see it mentioned in the Alt Text in such a short time span.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: jaydub on August 31, 2009, 05:23:53 pm
The dice was loaded from the start.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Toaster on August 31, 2009, 07:35:23 pm
When I go, the machine will read Improvement, Charm, Vanity, Gypsy, Wounded by Others. And the Anger wheel will spin.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: pmcd9 on August 31, 2009, 09:31:42 pm
I haven't heard Romeo and Juliet in many a year.  I have it on vinyl though.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: atalkingdog on August 31, 2009, 10:17:30 pm
the wheels are still spinning as Roast Beef descends into the machine.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Mr Trout on August 31, 2009, 11:23:43 pm
It's true the wheels are still spinning, but I see the outer wheels as slowing down and stopping right about where they are pointing now and only the very inner dial still spinning. I could see any of the "Wounded by..." fitting beef - perhaps the machine will not be able to choose and this will somehow overload it?
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: wombat on September 01, 2009, 01:14:29 am
If the machine can't choose, he won't die, right? Right?
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Doc on September 01, 2009, 01:32:02 am
Just wanted to re-iterate how much I love that machine.
If Onstad ever runs out of storyline ideas he can just start drawing fantastical machinery and architecture and I'll still be here every day. Oh man, now I'm imagining an Onstad art book, that would be boss.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: lprkn on September 01, 2009, 02:41:06 am
I kind of want a print of this. Or maybe just the machine itself.

this
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on September 01, 2009, 03:05:00 am
I think I figured out the machine.

The outer wheel represents general good qualities. The inner circles represent source of punishment/pain and its manifestation (i'd love to see a child wounded by god to have octocephaly). The pain circles have an arrow that point into the middle circle, as does the outer circle. The middle circle represents traits that are double-edged: for example, you can be sociable, but too sociable makes you invasive; you can endorse something, but if you do too much, you are a liar. A little scruff is good, but too much is filth, and so on and so forth.

So look for the little inward and outward pointing arrows and it makes sense:

In the case of Roast Beef:

- on the good hand, he is virtuous and has a little scruff
- however, he was cursed by God with the lash of Thanatos
- on the bad hand, he is self-obsessed (as a result of the above?)


The result is a tennis ball on a towel.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: atalkingdog on September 01, 2009, 04:17:08 am
Just wanted to re-iterate how much I love that machine.
If Onstad ever runs out of storyline ideas he can just start drawing fantastical machinery and architecture and I'll still be here every day. Oh man, now I'm imagining an Onstad art book, that would be boss.

He put a lot of work into the theatre wall-paper.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Choop on September 01, 2009, 04:56:40 am
meanwhile ray is still aphasic and bleeding upside down in his escalade
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: greenkoolayd on September 01, 2009, 06:14:04 am
the tennis balls were thrown in the chute beforehand, to make sure the machine was working properly.  if they hadnt taken a certain amount of time to fall through, CH would know that something in the timing was off.  the towel is there to catch drippings...
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Ruta Bagas on September 01, 2009, 10:13:06 am
It appears Chris was watching Empire Records this weekend, on Fuse.   I can't think of any other reason I would both hear Romeo and Juliet, and see it mentioned in the Alt Text in such a short time span.

I think it's clear the alt text would be better were this just coincidence. (And it's not like you need an excuse for Dire Straits.)
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: dejavroom on September 01, 2009, 11:51:35 am
I'm just pretending that the tennis balls are what karma decided would be the appropriate new existence for someone. "You will be three tennis balls because fuck you".
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 02, 2009, 06:12:11 am
Are they in the same packet or spread out into different cans?
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: dejavroom on September 02, 2009, 12:02:18 pm
Different cans, obviously. Great (stoned) minds, dude.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: lprkn on October 12, 2009, 01:16:05 am
I kind of want a print of this.

Ta-da! (http://www.achewoodshop.com/p-krm-18.html)

Wait, what (http://www.achewoodshop.com/p-cto-57.html)?
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: linnea on October 12, 2009, 02:35:55 am
Ta-da! (http://www.achewoodshop.com/p-krm-18.html)

Wait, what (http://www.achewoodshop.com/p-cto-57.html)?

Oh man, if I had an extra eighteen bucks kickin' around, I would totally order that. I love the pink polo shirt. Awesome.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Doc on October 12, 2009, 02:56:40 am
Wait, what (http://www.achewoodshop.com/p-cto-57.html)?

Revelation: Ray's current glasses are based on Onstad as he is now but Onstad as a kid has Beef as a kid's glasses.
Psychology.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Bobby Isosceles on October 12, 2009, 03:21:40 am
Revelation: Ray's current glasses are based on Onstad as he is now but Onstad as a kid has Beef as a kid's glasses.
Psychology.

INCORRECT

Ray is based on

this (http://mike.13th-floor.org/ray-as-human.jpg)

by the way i pulled that image from some news report, he died horribly so dont make fun of him too hard
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: greenkoolayd on October 12, 2009, 07:12:18 am
that popped collar was SO arrogant!
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: Doc on October 12, 2009, 01:22:16 pm
Wombat, I hope you don't mind me exploiting your Flickr in an effort to be proven right.
I..Am..RAY.

Ok so the glasses don't actually match that well. I still maintain he looks like Ray.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: wombat on October 12, 2009, 01:33:48 pm
Onstad was definitely in Ray mode that evening.
Title: Re: WRRRRRRRRR - 8/31/09
Post by: smick on October 12, 2009, 03:08:28 pm
Say...Where was that comic Onstad linked to, where he spent an evening in a bar and said "Nights like this make it easy to write Ray"