The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board
Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: pmcd9 on September 01, 2009, 02:06:27 am
-
http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/31/news/companies/disney_marvel/index.htm
This might be bad news if Marvel didn't suck now anyway.
-
Hasn't WB owned DC Comics for years? I mean I'll hate on some Disney but I don't really see what the big deal is.
-
I can think of one way this could turn out well: If Pixar started doing the movies. Seriously, Iron Man 3 animated by Pixar? The Avengers animated by Pixar? How would that be anything but awesome? But the odds of this are wicked slim.
Oh shit. Captain America animated by Pixar. I would ejaculate.
ADDENDUM: Speaking of Pixar, I am holding my breath for the John Carter film. Pixar always does well, but what are they going to do to a series about a naked Confederate and his hot naked wife? With swords? I'm... I'm nervous.
FURTHERMORE: Oh my gods! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bear_and_the_Bow sounds awesome! A princess who wants to become an archer? In Scotland?! That's three of my favorite things right there.
-
Hasn't WB owned DC Comics for years? I mean I'll hate on some Disney but I don't really see what the big deal is.
They're bringing Disney business practices with them. I don't have any problem with things like "No more letting authors get two years behind on a title because they're Big Names Guys Seriously" but I do have a problem with "we also don't really let authors apply individual imagination and ideas to Our Brand", which is a thing that happens to Disney-acquired brands pretty often.
-
A princess who wants to become an archer? In Scotland?! That's three of my favorite things right there.
Got a taste for European ruling families, eh?
(http://www.wga.hu/detail/v/velazque/10/1008velb.jpg)
Rrrrowwr
-
I can think of one way this could turn out well: If Pixar started doing the movies. Seriously, Iron Man 3 animated by Pixar? The Avengers animated by Pixar? How would that be anything but awesome? But the odds of this are wicked slim.
Maybe not according to this (http://chud.com/articles/articles/20646/1/HOLY-BREAKING-NEWS-DISNEY-BUYS-MARVEL/Page1.html) I mean it's all early days and I doubt they'd get to play with the big name properties where the preference is for live action, but they could do some awesome stuff with the smaller properties as this list from the same site (http://chud.com/articles/articles/20647/1/CHUD-QUICK-LIST-10-MARVEL-PROPERTIES-PIXAR-SHOULD-ADAPT/Page1.html) suggests.
Damage control sounds right up Pixar's alley, although trying to do superhero stuff while making it tonally and aesthetically distinct from the Incredibles might be hard.
-
From the AP:
The Walt Disney company’s purchase of Marvel Entertainment this week apparently came as a surprise to Disney’s president and CEO Robert A. Iger.
“Really? We didn’t own Marvel already? Jesus, we own everything else. I just found a receipt for the Atlantic Ocean on my desk the other day,” said Iger . “But okay, great. We own Marvel. Just tell them to find something to do and stay the hell out of my way after I come back from cocktails.”
The sale of Marvel is being greeted with excitement by all those who look forward to the venerable comics company dropping any pretense of being in the comics business.
“Imagine if God gave himself an enema. That is the capacity we now have to shit merch into the world’s dollar stores!” said Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada over his TeamSpeak line in a game of EVE-Online. “We won’t have to put out these fuck*ng floppies at all! Which is great news, since most of our customer base qualifies for Medicare.”
Reportedly, there will be a few cosmetic changes to Marvel’s iconic cast of heroes (see below). Qesada says that fans should not be bothered.
“Don’t like it? Fuck yourself with Mjolnir while I a go eat 50 lb. rib-eye served with a reduction of komodo dragon’s blood at Spago’s! I’ve got more money than the TARP fund now!”
(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/wolverpenis.jpg)
(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/fancredibles.jpg)
(http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/MEDIA/winniethehulk.jpg)
-
i hope we dont have to be subjected to post apocalyptic hannah montana graphic novels and crap like that...
-
i hope we dont have to be subjected to post apocalyptic hannah montana graphic novels and crap like that...
I beg you - someone tell me how to erase this concept from my mind. I don't even care what else goes with it.
-
Fuck, I'd read it.
-
The idea of Raven Symone having a flash-forward of The Days of Futures Past and then trying to prevent the mutant holocaust by dressing up like a fat lady going to church on Sunday for some reason... this is interesting to me. I would buy that pamphlet, yes.
-
The idea of Raven Symone having a flash-forward of The Days of Futures Past and then trying to prevent the mutant holocaust by dressing up like a fat lady going to church on Sunday for some reason... this is interesting to me. I would buy that pamphlet, yes.
That's so Raven!
-
More possibilities.
http://monkeygoggles.com/?p=547 (http://monkeygoggles.com/?p=547)