The OFFICIAL Unofficial Achewood Message Board

Trivial Pursuits => Arts & Entertainment => Topic started by: atalkingdog on September 05, 2009, 12:42:27 pm

Title: Frampton is still alive
Post by: atalkingdog on September 05, 2009, 12:42:27 pm
I attended a Peter Frampton Concert last night.  It was an outdoor concert along the glorious banks of the Cuyahoga River.
He remains an enthusiastic performer.
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: AugustWest on September 05, 2009, 04:51:55 pm
What an odd thing for a newb to post.

I mean, you're quite welcome here, assuming you show a modicum of civility and healthy dose of cleverness.  I'm just a little confounded over why you chose this to share with us.

Does anybody else feel like I do?  I mean, could somebody show me the way to interpret this?
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: JorgeFabregas on September 05, 2009, 05:33:33 pm
My interpretation is that he/she wants to talk about Peter Frampton. Maybe someone else on the board likes Peter Frampton and they can bond over this.
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: pmcd9 on September 05, 2009, 05:54:36 pm
Maybe Frampton needs a website like this one (http://www.abevigoda.com/ffb.php).
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: CortJstr on September 05, 2009, 06:32:15 pm
What an odd thing for a newb to post.

I mean, you're quite welcome here, assuming you show a modicum of civility and healthy dose of cleverness.  I'm just a little confounded over why you chose this to share with us.

Does anybody else feel like I do?  I mean, could somebody show me the way to interpret this?

Well we did just have that whole "don't be afraid to start new topics" thread. I for one congratulate the new guy. Although literally everything I know about Frampton comes from that one Simpsons episode.
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: theinevitable on September 05, 2009, 06:53:45 pm
what I know is:

a lot of people have stories about not knowing how he makes the talking noises, and being disappointed when they found out it's just a funky guitar effect (talk box).
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: pmcd9 on September 05, 2009, 09:33:43 pm
a lot of people have stories about not knowing how he makes the talking noises, and being disappointed when they found out it's just a funky guitar effect (talk box).

Why would anyone be disappointed in that it's an awesome effect?
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: Carlos del Vaca on September 05, 2009, 09:36:16 pm
I got it, AW.
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: KeithHernandez on September 05, 2009, 09:46:52 pm
I thought everyone did, that's why no one said anything 'bout getting it.

Or wait, was that the joke?



When I was 1-14 I couldn't give a fuck about music.  Then I heard Dylan and my life changed.  From 14-15 I was into classic rock hard (thats the radio station they played Dylan on, Frampton is on there to, he must be good).  I listened to Frampton, he was one of the main reasons I became hip to what hip, challenging music was.  In a bad way.
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: theinevitable on September 05, 2009, 09:56:07 pm
Quote
Why would anyone be disappointed in that it's an awesome effect?

Because people who don't play instruments have weird ideas about what is impressive on a guitar.
Where way up there is "seeming to talk using the guitar."
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: pmcd9 on September 05, 2009, 09:58:17 pm
AW, I love the way you turn a phrase.
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: atalkingdog on September 06, 2009, 12:51:14 pm


Does anybody else feel like I do?  I mean, could somebody show me the way to interpret this?

Now I am in the Hole with touamb.com

don't feed me humble pie.

I don't need no doctor.   
Title: Re: Frampton is still alive
Post by: milhouse on September 18, 2009, 11:51:03 am
Frampton does indeed rock. I saw him last month. My previous knowledge was a few of the radio hits, but it's not like I was a fan. And the talk box? Damn sweet.